Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Sin1 (D7G1A) Rabbit mAb #12860
|12860S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12860||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||78, 74||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Sin1 (D7G1A) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Sin1 protein, including isoforms Sin1.1 and Sin1.2.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human Sin1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Sin1 (D7G1A) Rabbit mAb.
Cell growth is a fundamental biological process whereby cells accumulate mass and increase in size. The mammalian TOR (mTOR) pathway regulates growth by coordinating energy and nutrient signals with growth factor-derived signals (1). mTOR is a large protein kinase that is a component of two different complexes. The mTOR complex 1 (mTORC1), a target of rapamycin, contains mTOR, GβL, and raptor. mTORC2, insensitive to rapamycin, includes mTOR, GβL, Sin1, and rictor (1). The mTORC2 complex phosphorylates Ser473 of Akt/PKB in vitro (2). This phosphorylation is essential for full Akt/PKB activation. Furthermore, an siRNA knockdown of rictor inhibits Ser473 phosphorylation in 3T3-L1 adipocytes (3). mTORC2 has also been shown to phosphorylate the rapamycin-resistant mutants of S6K1, another effector of mTOR (4). In addition, phosphorylation of Sin1 at Thr86 by Akt/PKB was shown to regulate the activity of mTORC2 in adipocytes upon stimulation by growth factors (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9476 Rictor (D16H9) Rabbit mAb
- 2114 Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb
- 2140 Rictor Antibody
- 3806 Phospho-Rictor (Thr1135) (D30A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3274 GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb
- 3227 GβL Antibody
- 2280 Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb
- 2083 Phospho-Raptor (Ser792) Antibody
- 5536 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 2976 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (49F9) Rabbit mAb (IHC Specific)
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 1230 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Blocking Peptide
- 4517 mTOR (L27D4) Mouse mAb
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 2983 mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9864 mTOR Regulation Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9862 mTOR Substrates Antibody Sampler Kit
- 1072 mTOR Blocking Peptide
- 6381 SignalSilence® mTOR siRNA I
- 9904 Rapamycin
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.