Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Dab2 (D7O9T) Rabbit mAb #12906
|12906S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12906||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||96||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Dab2 (D7O9T) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Dab2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly388 of human Dab2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, A172, and OVCAR3 cells using Dab2 (D7O9T) Rabbit mAb and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457.
Immunoprecipitation of Dab2 from HeLa cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or Dab2 (D7O9T) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using Dab2 (D7O9T) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa (left) and OVCAR3 (right) cells using Dab2 (D7O9T) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Disabled homologue 2 (Dab2) is a mitogen responsive phosphoprotein that exerts multiple functions through association with numerous proteins. Dab2 modulates signaling pathways through interactions with proteins such as Smads and TGF-β receptors (1,2), axin (3), GRB (4) and Src (5). Dab2 also serves as a cargo-specific adaptor of clathrin-mediated endocytosis via interaction with clathrin (6), AP2 (7), NPXY-containing cargo (8-10), and myosin VI (11,12). In addition, Dab2 regulates cell adhesion by directly binding integrins (13,14). The diverse functions of Dab2 enable it to coordinate cell adhesion, cell motility, membrane trafficking, and signaling. Research studies have shown Dab2 is down-regulated in a number of cancers, thereby suggesting a role as a tumor suppressor (15-17). Phosphorylation of Dab2 decreases its endocytotic function (18).
- Hocevar, B.A. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 2789-801.
- Hocevar, B.A. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 25920-7.
- Hocevar, B.A. et al. (2003) EMBO J 22, 3084-94.
- Xu, X.X. et al. (1998) Oncogene 16, 1561-9.
- Zhou, J. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 6936-41.
- Mishra, S.K. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 4915-26.
- Morris, S.M. and Cooper, J.A. (2001) Traffic 2, 111-23.
- Keyel, P.A. et al. (2006) Mol Biol Cell 17, 4300-17.
- Maurer, M.E. and Cooper, J.A. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 4235-46.
- Maurer, M.E. and Cooper, J.A. (2005) J Cell Sci 118, 5345-55.
- Morris, S.M. et al. (2002) Traffic 3, 331-41.
- Hasson, T. (2003) J Cell Sci 116, 3453-61.
- Huang, C.L. et al. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 4420-30.
- Teckchandani, A. et al. (2009) J Cell Biol 186, 99-111.
- Mok, S.C. et al. (1998) Oncogene 16, 2381-7.
- Anupam, K. et al. (2006) World J Gastroenterol 12, 6041-5.
- Bagadi, S.A. et al. (2007) Breast Cancer Res Treat 104, 277-86.
- Chetrit, D. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 5392-403.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8582 Dab2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.