Product Pathways - Neuroscience
NeuN (D3S3I) Rabbit mAb #12943
|12943S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12943||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||46-55||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen)
Specificity / Sensitivity
NeuN (D3S3I) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total NeuN protein. A 30 kDa protein of unknown origin may be detected.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human NeuN protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse brain, C2C12 cells, and rat brain using NeuN (D3S3I) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Neuronal nuclei (NeuN, Fox-3, RBFOX3) is a nuclear protein expressed in most post-mitotic neurons of the central and peripheral nervous systems. NeuN is not detected in Purkinje cells, sympathetic ganglion cells, Cajal-Retzius cells, INL retinal cells, inferior olivary, and dentate nucleus neurons (1). This neuronal protein was originally identified by immunoreactivity with a monoclonal antibody also called NeuN. Using MS-analysis, NeuN was later identified as the Fox-3 gene product. Fox-3 contains an RNA recognition motif and functions as a splicing regulator (2). Fox-3 regulates alternative splicing of NumB, promoting neuronal differentiation during development (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5663 Musashi-1 (D46A8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9449 Ki-67 (8D5) Mouse mAb
- 9129 Ki-67 (D3B5) Rabbit mAb
- 4604 Doublecortin Antibody
- 5568 β3-Tubulin (D71G9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3670 GFAP (GA5) Mouse mAb
- 12389 GFAP (D1F4Q) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5664 CNPase (D83E10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.