Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-YAP (Ser127) (D9W2I) Rabbit mAb #13008
|13008S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13008||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||65-75||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-YAP (Ser127) (D9W2I) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of YAP protein only when phosphorylated at Ser127.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser127 of human YAP protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from PANC-1 cells, untreated (-) or λ-phosphatase-treated (+), using Phospho-YAP (Ser127) (D9W2I) Rabbit mAb (upper), YAP Antibody #4912 (middle), and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Western blot analysis of MDA-MB-231 cells, vehicle-treated (-) or treated with Forskolin #3828 (10 μM, 60 min; +) or epinephrine (10 μM, 60 min; +), using Phospho-YAP (Ser127) (D9W2I) Rabbit mAb (upper), YAP Antibody #4912 (middle), and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon adenocarcinoma, control (left) or λ-phosphatase treated (right), using Phospho-YAP (Ser127) (D9W2I) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded cell pellets, A-204 (left) and RL-7 (right), using Phospho-YAP (Ser127) (D9W2I) Rabbit mAb.
YAP (Yes-associated protein, YAP65) was identified based on its ability to associate with the SH3 domain of Yes. It also binds to other SH3 domain-containing proteins such as Nck, Crk, Src, and Abl (1). In addition to the SH3 binding motif, YAP contains a PDZ interaction motif, a coiled-coil domain, and WW domains (2-4). While initial studies of YAP all pointed towards a role in anchoring and targeting to specific subcellular compartments, subsequent studies showed that YAP is a transcriptional co-activator by virtue of its WW domain interacting with the PY motif (PPxY) of the transcription factor PEBP2 and other transcription factors (5,6). In its capacity as a transcriptional co-activator, YAP is now widely recognized as a central mediator of the Hippo Pathway, which plays a critical and widely conserved role in regulating tissue growth and organ size. Upon phosphorylation at Ser127, YAP translocates to the cytoplasm, where it is sequestered through association with 14-3-3 proteins in an Akt-dependent manner (6-8).
- Sudol, M. (1994) Oncogene 9, 2145-2152.
- Mohler, P. et al. (1999) J. Cell Biol. 147, 879-890.
- Espanel, X. and Sudol, M. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 14514-14523.
- Sudol, M. et al. (1995) FEBS Lett. 369, 67-71.
- Yagi, R. et al. (1999) EMBO J. 18, 2551-2562.
- Basu, S. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell 11, 11-23.
- Zhao, B. et al. (2010) Genes Dev 24, 862-74.
- Zhao, B. et al. (2007) Genes Dev 21, 2747-61.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 8843 Phospho-MOB1 (Thr12) (D2E3) Rabbit mAb
- 8699 Phospho-MOB1 (Thr35) (D2F10) Rabbit mAb
- 8418 YAP/TAZ (D24E4) Rabbit mAb
- 12395 YAP (1A12) Mouse mAb
- 4912 YAP Antibody
- 8654 Phospho-LATS1 (Thr1079) (D57D3) Rabbit mAb
- 3682 Mst1 Antibody
- 3952 Mst2 Antibody
- 8579 Hippo Signaling Antibody Sampler Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.