Product Pathways - Metabolism
MDR1/ABCB1 (E1Y7B) Rabbit mAb #13342
|13342S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13342||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
MDR1/ABCB1 (E1Y7B) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total MDR1 (ABCB1) protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to human MDR1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using MDR1/ABCB1 (E1Y7B) Rabbit mAb and β-Actin (13E5) Rabbit mAb #4970
Immunoprecipitation of MDR1/ABCB1 from Hep G2 cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or MDR1/ABCB1 (E1Y7B) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using MDR1/ABCB1 (E1Y7B) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HCT-15 (left) and MCF7 (right) cells using MDR1/ABCB1 (E1Y7B) Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
MDR1/ABCB1 belongs to the Mdr/Tap subfamily of the ATP-binding cassette transporter superfamily (1). Multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1) serves as an efflux pump for xenobiotic compounds with broad substrate specificity. MDR1 substrates include therapeutic agents such as actinomycin D, etoposide, imatinib, and doxorubicin, as well as endogenous molecules including β-amyloids, steroid hormones, lipids, phospholipids, cholesterol, and cytokines (2). Research studies have shown that MDR1 reduces drug accumulation in cancer cells, allowing the development of drug resistance (3-5). On the other hand, MDR1 expressed in the plasma membrane of cells in the blood-brain, blood-cerebral spinal fluid, or blood-placenta barriers restricts the permeability of drugs into these organs from the apical or serosal side (6,7). MDR1 is also expressed in normal tissues with excretory function such as small intestine, liver, and kidney (7). Intracellular MDR1 has been detected in the ER, vesicles, and nuclear envelope, and has been associated with cell trafficking machinery (8). Other reported functions of MDR1 include viral resistance, cytokine trafficking (9,10), and lipid homeostasis in the peripheral and central nervous system (11-13).
- Furuya, K.N. et al. (1997) Cancer Res 57, 3708-16.
- Litman, T. et al. (1997) Biochim Biophys Acta 1361, 169-76.
- Chen, C.J. et al. (1986) Cell 47, 381-9.
- Kartner, N. et al. (1983) Cancer Res 43, 4413-9.
- Chen, G. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 5974-82.
- Brinkmann, U. and Eichelbaum, M. (2001) Pharmacogenomics J 1, 59-64.
- Fromm, M.F. (2004) Trends Pharmacol Sci 25, 423-9.
- Miller, D.S. et al. (2008) Pharmacol Rev 60, 196-209.
- Ambudkar, S.V. et al. (1999) Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 39, 361-98.
- Raviv, Y. et al. (2000) FASEB J 14, 511-5.
- Meijer, O.C. et al. (2003) J Endocrinol 178, 13-8.
- Karssen, A.M. et al. (2002) J Endocrinol 175, 251-60.
- Jeannesson, E. et al. (2009) Clin Chim Acta 403, 198-202.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12683 MDR1/ABCB1 (D3H1Q) Rabbit mAb
- 4477 ABCG2 Antibody
- 12559 MRP2/ABCC2 (D9F9E) Rabbit mAb
- 4446 MRP2 (R260) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.