Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
TNF-R1 (D3I7K) Rabbit mAb (Rodent Specific) #13377
|13377S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13377||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||55||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
TNF-R1 (D3I7K) Rabbit mAb (Rodent Specific) recognizes endogenous levels of total mouse TNF-R1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of mouse TNF-R1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using TNF-R1 (D3I7K) Rabbit mAb (Rodent Specific).
Western blot analysis of extracts from L-929 cells, transfected with 100 nm SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-), SignalSilence® TNF-R1 siRNA I (Mouse Specific) #13369 (+), or SignalSilence® TNF-R1 siRNA II (Mouse Specific) #13570 (+), using TNF-R1 (D3I7K) Rabbit mAb (Rodent Specific) (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower). The TNF-R1 (D3I7K) Rabbit mAb (Rodent Specific) confirms the silencing of the TNF-R1 expression, while the β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb is used as a loading control.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing full-length mouse TNF-R1 (mTNF-R1; +), using TNF-R1 (D3I7K) Rabbit mAb (Rodent Specific).
TNF-α is an important cytokine produced by numerous cell types including neutrophils, activated lymphoctyes, macrophages and NK cells. It plays a critical role in inflammatory responses and in apoptosis (1). TNF-α exists as a membrane-anchored and soluble form, both of which show biological activity. Response to TNF-α is mediated through two receptors, TNF-R1, which is widely expressed, and TNF-R2, which is expressed mainly in immune and endothelial cells (2). Antagonists to TNF-α have been validated as therapeutic targets for rheumatoid arthritis and other immune disorders (3).
The two receptors for TNF-α, TNF-R1 (55 kDa) and TNF-R2 (75 kDa) can mediate distinct cellular responses (4,5). In most cases cytotoxicity elicited by TNF has been reported to act through TNF-R1 (6,7). Cytotoxicity is mediated by a "death domain" with the intracellular region of the receptor that binds to the death domain adaptor protein TRADD and triggers the activation of caspases (8). Soluble forms of both receptors have also been characterized which can bind TNF-α and may play an important role in immune disorders (9,10).
- Aggarwal, B.B. (2003) Nat Rev Immunol 3, 745-56.
- Locksley, R.M. et al. (2001) Cell 104, 487-501.
- Taylor, P.C. et al. (2004) Curr Opin Biotechnol 15, 557-63.
- Tartaglia, L.A. et al. (1991) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88, 9292-6.
- Peschon, J.J. et al. (1998) J Immunol 160, 943-52.
- Tartaglia, L.A. et al. (1993) Cell 73, 213-6.
- Rothe, J. et al. (1993) Nature 364, 798-802.
- Chen, G. and Goeddel, D.V. (2002) Science 296, 1634-5.
- Humbert, M. et al. (1994) Am J Respir Crit Care Med 149, 1681-5.
- Schröder, J. et al. (1995) Infection 23, 143-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3736 TNF-R1 (C25C1) Rabbit mAb
- 13369 SignalSilence® TNF-R1 siRNA I (Mouse Specific)
- 13570 SignalSilence® TNF-R1 siRNA II (Mouse Specific)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
SignalSilence® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.