Product Pathways - Nuclear Receptor Signaling
Rev-Erbα (E1Y6D) Rabbit mAb #13418
|13418S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13418||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||78||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rev-Erbα (E1Y6D) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Rev-erbα protein. This antibody may cross-react with an unidentified protein of 60 kDa.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser67 of human Rev-erbα protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines and tissues using Rev-Erbα (E1Y6D) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc-tagged full length human Rev-erbα (hRev-erbα-Myc; +), using Rev-Erbα (E1Y6D) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of Rev-erbα from Hep G2 cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or Rev-Erbα (E1Y6D) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using Rev-Erbα (E1Y6D) Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 Hep G2 cells and either 10 μl of Rev-Erbα (E1Y6D) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human BMAL1 promoter primers, SimpleChIP® Human NR1D1 Promoter Primers #13413, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Reverse orientation c-erbA gene α (Rev-erbα, EAR-1, or NR1D1) is a widely expressed member of the orphan nuclear receptor family of proteins (1). Rev-erbα is highly expressed in adipose tissue, skeletal muscle, brain and liver, and regulates cellular proliferation and differentiation. Expression increases during differentiation in adipocytes and ectopic expression of Rev-erbα potentiates the adipocyte differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells (2). In addition, expression oscillates with circadian rhythm in liver cells and Rev-erbα regulates expression of BMAL1, ApoA-I and ApoC-III, all key regulators of circadian rhythm (3-7). Phosphorylation of Rev-erbα Ser55 and Ser59 by GSK-3β appears to stabilize Rev-erbα protein levels and is important for synchronizing and maintaining the circadian clock (8). Rev-erbα also regulates inflammation by targeting the NF-κB responsive genes IL-6 and COX-2 (9). Rev-erbα lacks the activation function 2 domain required for ligand-dependent activation of transcription by other members of the nuclear receptor family; thus it behaves as a constitutive repressor protein, recruiting the nuclear receptor co-repressor (N-CoR)/HDAC3 complex to target genes to repress transcription (10).
- Harding, H.P. and Lazar, M.A. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 3113-21.
- Chawla, A. and Lazar, M.A. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 16265-9.
- Torra, I.P. et al. (2000) Endocrinology 141, 3799-806.
- Preitner, N. et al. (2002) Cell 110, 251-60.
- Vu-Dac, N. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 25713-20.
- Coste, H. and Rodríguez, J.C. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 27120-9.
- Raspé, E. et al. (2002) J Lipid Res 43, 2172-9.
- Yin, L. et al. (2006) Science 311, 1002-5.
- Migita, H. et al. (2004) FEBS Lett 561, 69-74.
- Yin, L. and Lazar, M.A. (2005) Mol Endocrinol 19, 1452-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12417 CK1δ Antibody
- 12448 CK1ε Antibody
- 5157 CLOCK (D45B10) Rabbit mAb
- 2129 Phospho-Rev-erbα (Ser55/59) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 13413 SimpleChIP® Human NR1D1 Promoter Primers
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
SimpleChIP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.