Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Securin (D2B6O) Rabbit mAb #13445
|13445S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13445||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Securin (D2B6O) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total securin protein. Based on western blot of overexpressed proteins, this antibody will also recognize securin 2 (PTTG2) to a lesser extent.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val19 of human securin (PTTG1) protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT-29 cells, untreated (-) or treated with thymidine (2 mM, 16 hr) followed by Nocodazole #2190 (10 nM, 24 hr; +), using Securin (D2B6O) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human PTTG1 (securin) protein (hPTTG1-Myc/DDK; +) or Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human PTTG2 (securin 2) protein (hPTTG2-Myc/DDK; +), using Securin (D2B6O) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb #2278 (lower).
Immunoprecipitation of securin from Jurkat cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or Securin (D2B6O) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot was performed using Securin (D2B6O) Rabbit mAb.
Securin is a regulatory protein that contributes to mitotic checkpoint control, p53 activity, DNA repair, and cell migration. The securin protein prevents premature separation of sister chromatids by inhibiting the protease separase, which cleaves the cohesin complex at the onset of anaphase to allow for sister chromatid segregation (1,2). In mouse oocytes, securin regulates cyclin B stability and G2/M transition (3). Securin negatively affects the transcriptional activity of p53, preventing p53-regulated apoptosis (4). Research studies indicate that securin plays a role in microtubule nucleation, cell polarization, and cell migration (5). Additional research indicates that securin expression may be useful as a biomarker for human breast cancer (6-8). The pituitary tumor-transforming gene 1 (PTTG1) encodes for securin protein, while the highly homologous securin 2 protein is transcribed from the related PTTG2 gene. Securin 2 (PTTG2) protein lacks the ability to inhibit separase activity and may function primarily in cell adhesion and migration (9,10).
- Yanagida, M. (2005) Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 360, 609-21.
- Wirth, K.G. et al. (2006) J Cell Biol 172, 847-60.
- Marangos, P. and Carroll, J. (2008) Nat Cell Biol 10, 445-51.
- Bernal, J.A. et al. (2002) Nat Genet 32, 306-11.
- Moreno-Mateos, M.A. et al. (2011) Mol Biol Cell 22, 4302-11.
- Talvinen, K. et al. (2013) APMIS 121, 945-53.
- Talvinen, K. et al. (2009) Br J Cancer 101, 1005-10.
- Ogbagabriel, S. et al. (2005) Mod Pathol 18, 985-90.
- Han, X. and Poon, R.Y. (2013) Mol Cell Biol 33, 3400-15.
- Méndez-Vidal, C. et al. (2013) Cell Death Dis 4, e530.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12673 RAD21 (D5Y8S) Rabbit mAb
- 5696 SMC3 (D47B5) Rabbit mAb
- 5547 SMC4 (D14E2) Rabbit mAb
- 5421 Bub1b (D32E8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.