Product Pathways - Autophagy Signaling
Atg101 (E1Z4W) Rabbit mAb #13492
|13492S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13492||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||25||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Atg101 (E1Z4W) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Atg101 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val177 of human Atg101 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Atg101 (E1Z4W) Rabbit mAb.
Atg101 was discovered as a binding protein for Atg13, a component of the ULK1 serine-threonine kinase complex required for autophagy (1-3). Autophagy is a catabolic process for the autophagosomic-lysosomal degradation of bulk cytoplasmic contents (4,5). It is generally activated by conditions of nutrient deprivation, but is also associated with a number of physiological processes including development, differentiation, neurodegeneration, infection, and cancer (6). The molecular machinery of autophagy was largely discovered in yeast and is directed by a number of autophagy-related (Atg) genes. The ULK1 complex includes both Atg13 and FIP200 and is required for starvation-induced autophagy (7-9). Interaction between Atg101 and Atg13 can be important for the stability and basal phosphorylation of Atg13 and ULK1 (1,2).
- Mercer, C.A. et al. (2009) Autophagy 5, 649-62.
- Hosokawa, N. et al. (2009) Autophagy 5, 973-9.
- Chan, E.Y. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 25464-74.
- Reggiori, F. and Klionsky, D.J. (2002) Eukaryot Cell 1, 11-21.
- Codogno, P. and Meijer, A.J. (2005) Cell Death Differ 12 Suppl 2, 1509-18.
- Levine, B. and Yuan, J. (2005) J Clin Invest 115, 2679-88.
- Hosokawa, N. et al. (2009) Mol Biol Cell 20, 1981-91.
- Jung, C.H. et al. (2009) Mol Biol Cell 20, 1992-2003.
- Ganley, I.G. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 12297-305.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8764 Atg101 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.