Product Pathways - Protein Translation
Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb #2114
|2114S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2114P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2114||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||200||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Rictor protein.
Source / Purification
Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence Gln1681 of human Rictor.
Cell growth is a fundamental biological process whereby cells accumulate mass and increase in size. The mammalian TOR (mTOR) pathway regulates growth by coordinating energy and nutrient signals with growth factor-derived signals (1). mTOR is a large protein kinase with two different complexes. One complex contains mTOR, GβL and raptor, which is a target of rapamycin. The other complex, insensitive to rapamycin, includes mTOR, GβL, Sin1, and rictor (1). The mTOR-rictor complex phosphorylates Ser473 of Akt/PKB in vitro (2). This phosphorylation is essential for full Akt/PKB activation. Furthermore, an siRNA knockdown of rictor inhibits Ser473 phosphorylation in 3T3-L1 adipocytes (3). This complex has also been shown to phosphorylate the rapamycin-resistant mutants of S6K1, another effector of mTOR (4).
- Guertin, D.A. et al. (2009) Cancer Cell 15, 148-159. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Rosner, M. et al. (2009) Hum Mol Genet 18, 3298-310. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2140 Rictor Antibody
- 2280 Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb
- 2083 Phospho-Raptor (Ser792) Antibody
- 5536 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 2976 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (49F9) Rabbit mAb (IHC Specific)
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 1230 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Blocking Peptide
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 4517 mTOR (L27D4) Mouse mAb
- 2983 mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9864 mTOR Regulation Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9862 mTOR Substrates Antibody Sampler Kit
- 1072 mTOR Blocking Peptide
- 6381 SignalSilence® mTOR siRNA I
- 9904 Rapamycin
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.