Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-Rb (Ser608) Antibody #2181
|2181S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2181||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||110||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Rb (Ser608) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Rb only when phosphorylated at serine 608.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser608 of human Rb. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein Rb regulates cell proliferation by controlling progression through the restriction point within the G1-phase of the cell cycle (1). Rb has three functionally distinct binding domains and interacts with critical regulatory proteins including the E2F family of transcription factors, c-Abl tyrosine kinase, and proteins with a conserved LXCXE motif (2-4). Cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation by a CDK inhibits Rb target binding and allows cell cycle progression (5). Rb inactivation and subsequent cell cycle progression likely requires an initial phosphorylation by cyclin D-CDK4/6 followed by cyclin E-CDK2 phosphorylation (6). Specificity of different CDK/cyclin complexes has been observed in vitro (6-8) and cyclin D1 is required for Ser780 phosphorylation in vivo (9).
- Sherr, C.J. (1996) Science 274, 1672-7.
- Nevins, J.R. (1992) Science 258, 424-9.
- Welch, P.J. and Wang, J.Y. (1993) Cell 75, 779-90.
- Hu, Q.J. et al. (1990) EMBO J 9, 1147-55.
- Knudsen, E.S. and Wang, J.Y. (1997) Mol Cell Biol 17, 5771-83.
- Lundberg, A.S. and Weinberg, R.A. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 753-61.
- Connell-Crowley, L. et al. (1997) Mol Biol Cell 8, 287-301.
- Kitagawa, M. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 7060-9.
- Geng, Y. et al. (2001) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98, 194-9.
- von Willebrand, M. et al. (2003) . Cancer Res 63, 1420-1429. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9309 Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb
- 9301 Phospho-Rb (Ser795) Antibody
- 9308 Phospho-Rb (Ser807/811) Antibody
- 9307 Phospho-Rb (Ser780) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.