Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb #2243
|2243L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2243S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2243P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2243||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IHC-F=Immunohistochemistry (Frozen)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of ErbB2 only when phosphorylated at tyrosines 1221/1222. The antibody does not detect other activated Erb family members or other tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding tyrosines 1221/1222 of human ErbB2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from cells expressing different activated tyrosine kinase proteins, using Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Phospho-Tyrosine mAb (P-Tyr-100) #9411 (lower). Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb specifically detects phosphorylated HER2/ErbB2 but not other phosphorylated tyrosine kinases.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing membrane localization, using Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded SkBr3 cell pellets untreated (left) EGF-treated (right) either untreated (top) or lambda-phosphatase-treated (bottom), using Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human renal adenocarcinoma, using Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) Blocking Peptide #1254 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human NCI-H358 xenograft, using Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen HCC827 xenograft, using Phospho-Her2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222)(6B12) Rabbit mAb.
The ErbB2 (HER2) proto-oncogene encodes a 185 kDa transmembrane, receptor-like glycoprotein with intrinsic tyrosine kinase activity (1). While ErbB2 lacks an identified ligand, ErbB2 kinase activity can be activated in the absence of a ligand when overexpressed and through heteromeric associations with other ErbB family members (2). Amplification of the ErbB2 gene and overexpression of its product are detected in almost 40% of human breast cancers (3). Binding of the c-Cbl ubiquitin ligase to ErbB2 at Tyr1112 leads to ErbB2 poly-ubiquitination and enhances degradation of this kinase (4). ErbB2 is a key therapeutic target in the treatment of breast cancer and other carcinomas and targeting the regulation of ErbB2 degradation by the c-Cbl-regulated proteolytic pathway is one potential therapeutic strategy. Phosphorylation of the kinase domain residue Tyr877 of ErbB2 (homologous to Tyr416 of pp60c-Src) may be involved in regulating ErbB2 biological activity. The major autophosphorylation sites in ErbB2 are Tyr1248 and Tyr1221/1222; phosphorylation of these sites couples ErbB2 to the Ras-Raf-MAP kinase signal transduction pathway (1,5).
- Frogne, T. et al. (2009) Breast Cancer Res 11, R11. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Weigelt, B. et al. (2010) Breast Cancer Res Treat 122, 35-43. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8117 SignalSlide® Phospho-ErbB Family IHC Controls
- 1254 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) Blocking Peptide
- 9923 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2165 HER2/ErbB2 (29D8) Rabbit mAb
- 2248 HER2/ErbB2 (44E7) Mouse mAb
- 2241 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr877) Antibody
- 2242 HER2/ErbB2 Antibody
- 2244 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1248)/EGFR (Tyr1173) Antibody
- 2247 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1248) Antibody
- 2249 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) Antibody
- 3250 HER2/ErbB2 (M45) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.