Product Pathways - Metabolism
C/EBPα Antibody #2295
|2295S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2295||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||42, 28||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
C/EBPα Antibody detects endogenous levels of total C/EBPα protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human
C/EBPα. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from THP1 and NIH/3T3-L1 cells using C/EBPα Antibody.
CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins (C/EBPs) are a family of transcription factors that are critical for cellular differentiation, terminal function, and inflammatory response (1). Six members of the family have been characterized (C/EBPα, β, δ, γ, ε, and ζ) and are distributed in a variety of tissues (1). Translation from alternative start codons results in two isoforms of C/EBPα (p42 and p30), which are both strong transcriptional activators (2). It has been reported that insulin and insulin-like growth factor-I stimulate the dephosphorylation of C/EBPα, which may play a key role in insulin-induced repression of GLUT4 transcription (3). Phosphorylation of C/EBPα at Thr222, Thr226, and Ser230 by GSK-3 seems to be required for adipogenesis (4).
- Loo, L.H. et al. (2009) J Cell Biol 187, 375-84. Applications: Western Blotting, IF-IC (In Cells).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2844 Phospho-C/EBPα (Thr222/226) Antibody
- 2841 Phospho-C/EBPα (Ser21) Antibody
- 2843 C/EBPalpha (p42) Antibody
- 2318 C/EBPδ Antibody
- 3082 C/EBPbeta Antibody
- 3081 Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 3084 Phospho-C/EBPβ (Thr235) Antibody
- 3087 C/EBPβ (LAP) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.