Product Pathways - Neuroscience
DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb #2306
|2306S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2306||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of totoal DARPP-32 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu160 of human DARPP-32.
Western blot analysis of extracts from rat and mouse brain using DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from rat, mouse brain, wild-type mouse striatum and DARPP-32 knock-out mouse striatum, using DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb (wild-type mouse striatum and DARPP-32 knock-out mouse striatum was kindly provided by Dr. Paul Greengard and Helen Bateup, Rockefeller University, New York, NY).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse brain using DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded rat retina using DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb.
DARPP-32 (dopamine and cyclic AMP-regulated phosphoprotein, relative molecular mass 32,000) is a cytosolic protein highly enriched in medium-sized spiny neurons of the neostriatum (1). It is a bifunctional signaling molecule that controls serine/threonine kinase and serine/threonine phosphatase activity (2). Dopamine stimulates phosphorylation of DARPP-32 through D1 receptors and activation of PKA. PKA phosphorylation of DARPP-32 at Thr34 converts it into an inhibitor of protein phosphatase 1 (1). DARPP-32 is converted into an inhibitor of PKA when phosphorylated at Thr75 by cyclin-dependent kinase 5 (CDK5) (2). Mice containing a targeted deletion of the DARPP-32 gene exhibit an altered biochemical, electrophysiological, and behavioral phenotype (3).
- Logue, S.F. et al. (2009) Mol Cell Neurosci 42, 438-47. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Keilani, S. et al. (2012) J Neurosci 32, 6808-18. Applications: Western Blotting, IF-IC (In Cells).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 1081 DARPP-32 Blocking Peptide
- 2301 Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr75) Antibody
- 2302 DARPP-32 Antibody
- 2506 CDK5 Antibody
- 4781 Phospho-PKA C (Thr197) Antibody
- 4782 PKA C-α Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.