Product Pathways - Protein Translation
eIF4A1 Antibody #2490
|2490S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2490P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2490||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||48||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
eIF4A1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total eIF4A1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence around Gly12 of human eIF4A1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
A variety of factors contribute to the important biological event of initiation of translation. The eIF4F complex of translation initiation factors binds to the 5' m7 GTP cap to open up the mRNA secondary structure and allow small ribosome subunit binding (1). eIF4A, an eIF4 complex component that acts as an ATP-dependent RNA helicase, unwinds the secondary structure of the 5' mRNA untranslated region to mediate ribosome binding (2,3). In addition, eIF4A has recently been shown to repress Dpp/BMP signalling in a translation-independent manner in Drosophila (4,5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2425 eIF4A (F52) Antibody
- 2013 eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAb
- 4763 Translation Initiation Complex Antibody Sampler Kit
- 3591 Phospho-eIF4B (Ser422) Antibody
- 3592 eIF4B Antibody
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 2067 eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 2441 Phospho-eIF4G (Ser1108) Antibody
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 9459 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody
- 2855 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb
- 7216 PathScan® Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/Thr46) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 4923 Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb
- 9451 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) Antibody
- 9455 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr70) Antibody
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2845 4E-BP2 Antibody
- 3597 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) (119A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9721 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) Antibody
- 9722 eIF2α Antibody
- 2103 eIF2α (L57A5) Mouse mAb
- 3595 eIF2B-ε Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.