Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Phospho-PAK1 (Ser144)/PAK2 (Ser141) Antibody #2606
|2606S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2606P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2606||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Guinea Pig||Endogenous||61 to 67 (PAK2), 68 to 74 (PAK1/3)||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PAK1 (Ser144)/PAK2 (Ser141) Antibody detects endogenous levels of PAK1 and PAK2 only when phosphorylated at serine 144 or serine 141, respectively. This antibody also recognizes Ser139 phosphorylated PAK3 but does not cross-react with phosphorylated PAK4-6.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser144 of human PAK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells cotransfected with activated cdc42 and GST-PAK2 (lane 1), transfected with GST-PAK2 alone (lane 2) or activated cdc42 alone (lane 3), using Phospho-PAK1 (Ser144)/PAK2 (Ser141) Antibody (upper) or PAK1/2/3 Antibody #2604 (lower). This antibody detects GST-PAK2 signal only when it is cotransfected with activated cdc42, indicating that this antibody is phospho-specific.
The p21-activated kinase (PAK) family of serine/threonine kinases is engaged in multiple cellular processes, including cytoskeletal reorganization, MAPK signaling, apoptotic signaling, control of phagocyte NADPH oxidase, and growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth (1,2). Several mechanisms that induce PAK activity have been reported. Binding of Rac/Cdc42 to the CRIB (or PBD) domain near the amino terminus of PAK causes autophosphorylation and conformational changes in PAK (1). Phosphorylation of PAK1 at Thr423 by PDK induces activation of PAK1 (3). Several autophosphorylation sites have been identified, including Ser199 and Ser204 of PAK1 and Ser192 and Ser197 of PAK2 (4,5). Because the autophosphorylation sites are located in the amino-terminal inhibitory domain, it has been hypothesized that modification in this region prevents the kinase from reverting to an inactive conformation (6). Research indicates that phosphorylation at Ser144 of PAK1 or Ser139 of PAK3 (located in the kinase inhibitory domain) affects kinase activity (7). Phosphorylation at Ser21 of PAK1 or Ser20 of PAK2 regulates binding with the adaptor protein Nck (8). PAK4, PAK5, and PAK6 have lower sequence similarity with PAK1-3 in the amino-terminal regulatory region (9). Phosphorylation at Ser474 of PAK4, a site analogous to Thr423 of PAK1, may play a pivotal role in regulating the activity and function of PAK4 (10).
- Knaus, U.G. and Bokoch, G.M. (1998) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 30, 857-862.
- Daniels, R.H. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 754-764.
- King, C.C. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 41201-41209.
- Manser, E. et al. (1997) Mol. Cell. Biol. 17, 1129-1143.
- Gatti, A. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 8022-8028.
- Lei, M. et al. (2000) Cell 102, 387-397.
- Chong, C. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 17347-17353.
- Zhao, Z. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell. Biol. 20, 3906-3917.
- Abo, A. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 6527-6540.
- Qu, J. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell. Biol. 21, 3523-3533.
- Zhan, Q. et al. (2003) . The Journal of Immunology 171, 3785-3793. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Thirone, A.C. et al. (2009) Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 296, C463-75. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Yoshioka, K. et al. (2012) Nat Med 18, 1560-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Murata, Y. and Constantine-Paton, M. (2013) J Neurosci 33, 5040-52. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 2461 Phospho-Rac1/cdc42 (Ser71) Antibody
- 2601 Phospho-PAK1 (Thr423)/PAK2 (Thr402) Antibody
- 2602 PAK1 Antibody
- 2604 PAK1/2/3 Antibody
- 2605 Phospho-PAK1 (Ser199/204)/PAK2 (Ser192/197) Antibody
- 2607 Phospho-PAK2 (Ser20) Antibody
- 2608 PAK2 Antibody
- 2609 PAK3 Antibody
- 3241 Phospho-PAK4 (Ser474)/PAK5 (Ser602)/PAK6 (Ser560) Antibody
- 3242 PAK4 Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.