GST Antibody #2622
|2622S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2622||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
GST Antibody detects transfected GST fusion proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a GST fusion protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and GST affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from untransfected control cells (-) and transfected cells overexpressing GST-Bad (+), using GST Antibody (left) and Bad Antibody #9292 (right).
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
Glutathione S-transferase (GST) is a widely used fusion partner, since it provides both an easily detectable Tag and a simple purification process with little effect on the biological function of the protein of interest. Numerous vectors containing GST-Tag have been developed for both prokaryotic and eukaryotic systems over the past decade (1-3).
- Widenmaier, S.B. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 30372-82. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Mihaylova, M.M. et al. (2011) Cell 145, 607-21. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2272 Myc-Tag Antibody
- 2276 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb
- 2365 His-Tag Antibody
- 2367 HA-Tag (6E2) Mouse mAb
- 2372 β-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb
- 2396 MBP (8G1) Mouse mAb
- 2624 GST (26H1) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.