Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
MYPT1 Antibody #2634
|2634S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2634P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2634||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey||Endogenous||140||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken, Zebrafish, Bovine, Dog, Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MYPT1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MYPT1 protein. The antibody is unlikely to cross-react with MYPT2 and does not cross-react with other family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide correspondent to amino-terminal residues of human MYPT1. Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Protein phosphatase 1 (PP1) is a ubiquitous eukaryotic protein serine/threonine phosphatase involved in the regulation of various cell functions. Substrate specificity is determined by the binding of a regulatory subunit to the PP1 catalytic subunit (PP1c). It is estimated that over fifty different regulatory subunits exist (1).
The myosin phosphatase holoenzyme is composed of three subunits: PP1c, a targeting/regulatory subunit (MYPT/myosin-binding subunit of myosin phosphatase), and a 20 kDa subunit of unknown function (M20). MYPT binding to PP1cδ alters the conformation of the catalytic cleft and increases enzyme activity and specificity (2). Two MYPT isoforms that are 61% identical have been described. MYPT1 is widely expressed, while MYPT2 expression appears to be exclusive to heart and brain (3). Related family members include MBS85, MYPT3, and TIMAP (4).
Myosin phosphatase regulates the interaction of actin and myosin in response to signaling through the small GTPase Rho. Rho activity inhibits myosin phosphatase via Rho-associated kinase (ROCK). Phosphorylation of MYPT1 at Thr696 and Thr853 results in phosphatase inhibition and cytoskeletal reorganization (5,6).
- Hudson, C.A. et al. (2012) Mol Hum Reprod 18, 265-79. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Yoshioka, K. et al. (2012) Nat Med 18, 1560-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3672 Myosin Light Chain 2 Antibody
- 3674 Phospho-Myosin Light Chain 2 (Thr18/Ser19) Antibody
- 3671 Phospho-Myosin Light Chain 2 (Ser19) Antibody
- 3675 Phospho-Myosin Light Chain 2 (Ser19) Mouse mAb
- 4035 ROCK1 (C8F7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.