Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody #2661
|2661L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2661S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2661P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2661||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Chk2 only when phosphorylated at threonine 68. The antibody does not cross-react with Chk2 phosphorylated at other sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr68 of human Chk2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Cos cells, untreated or UV-treated (100 mJ/cm2, 1 hr recovery), using Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, untreated or UV-treated (100 mJ/cm2, 1 hr recovery), using Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells, untreated (blue) and UV-treated (green), using Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody.
Chk2 is the mammalian orthologue of the budding yeast Rad53 and fission yeast Cds1 checkpoint kinases (1-3). The amino-terminal domain of Chk2 contains a series of seven serine or threonine residues (Ser19, Thr26, Ser28, Ser33, Ser35, Ser50, and Thr68) each followed by glutamine (SQ or TQ motif). These are known to be preferred sites for phosphorylation by ATM/ATR kinases (4,5). After DNA damage by ionizing radiation (IR), UV irradiation, or hydroxyurea treatment, Thr68 and other sites in this region become phosphorylated by ATM/ATR (5-7). The SQ/TQ cluster domain, therefore, seems to have a regulatory function. Phosphorylation at Thr68 is a prerequisite for the subsequent activation step, which is attributable to autophosphorylation of Chk2 at residues Thr383 and Thr387 in the activation loop of the kinase domain (8).
- Allen, J.B. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8, 2401-2415.
- Weinert, T.A. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8, 652-665.
- Murakami, H. and Okayama, H. (1995) Nature 374, 817-819.
- Kastan, M.B. and Lim, D.S. (2000) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 1, 179-186.
- Matsuoka, S. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 10389-10394.
- Melchionna, R. et al. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, 762-765.
- Ahn, J.Y. et al. (2000) Cancer Res. 60, 5934-5936.
- Lee, C.H. and Chung, J.H. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 30537-30541.
- Kohn, E. A. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 26553-26564. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Yin, M. B. et al. (2004) . Molecular Pharmacology 66, 153-160. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Eastman, A. et al. (2002) Mol. Cancer Ther. 1, 1067-1078. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Lukas, C. et al. (2003) Nat. Cell Biol. 5, 255-260. Applications: Western Blotting, IC-IF.
- Castedo, M. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 4353-4361. Applications: Western Blotting, IC-IF, Flow Cytometry.
- Bartucci, M. et al. (2011) Cell Death Differ , . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Mallette, F.A. et al. (2012) EMBO J 31, 1865-78. Applications: Western Blotting, IF-IC (In Cells).
- Niziolek-Kierecka, M. et al. (2012) Chem Res Toxicol 25, 862-72. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2662 Chk2 Antibody
- 2665 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser33/35) Antibody
- 2666 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser19) Antibody
- 2669 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser516) Antibody
- 9286 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) (16G8) Mouse mAb
- 2348 Phospho-Chk1 (Ser345) (133D3) Rabbit mAb
- 2341 Phospho-Chk1 (Ser345) Antibody
- 2360 Chk1 (2G1D5) Mouse mAb
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 2853 Phospho-ATR (Ser428) Antibody
- 9917 Cell Cycle/Checkpoint Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9931 Phospho-Chk1/2 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9947 DNA Damage Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.