Product Pathways - Protein Translation
Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb #2855
|2855L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2855S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2855P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2855||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, D. melanogaster||Endogenous||15 to 20||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of 4E-BP1 only when phosphorylated at Thr37 and/or Thr46. This antibody may cross-react with 4E-BP2 and 4E-BP3 when phosphorylated at equivalent sites. Non-specific staining has been observed in mitotic cells by immunofluorescence.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr37 and Thr46 of mouse 4E-BP1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells using 4E-BP1 Antibody #9452 (upper) and Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody #2855 (lower). The cells were starved for 24 hours in serum-free medium and underwent a 1 hour amino acid deprivation. Amino acids were replenished for 1 hour. Cells were then either untreated (-) or treated with 100 nM insulin (+) for 30 minutes.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lymphoma using Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis using Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb on SignalSlide (TM) Phospho-Akt (Ser473) IHC Controls #8101 (paraffin-embedded LNCaP cells untreated (left) or LY294002-treated (right)).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Blocking Peptide #1052 (right).
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, untreated (green) or LY294002, Wortmannin and U0126-treated (blue), using Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr36/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Translation repressor protein 4E-BP1 (also known as PHAS-1) inhibits cap-dependent translation by binding to the translation initiation factor eIF4E. Hyperphosphorylation of 4E-BP1 disrupts this interaction and results in activation of cap-dependent translation (1). Both the PI3 kinase/Akt pathway and FRAP/mTOR kinase regulate 4E-BP1 activity (2,3). Multiple 4E-BP1 residues are phosphorylated in vivo (4). While phosphorylation by FRAP/mTOR at Thr37 and Thr46 does not prevent the binding of 4E-BP1 to eIF4E, it is thought to prime 4E-BP1 for subsequent phosphorylation at Ser65 and Thr70 (5).
- Engelman, J.A. et al. (2008) Nat. Med. 14, 1351-1356. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Cao, R. et al. (2008) Mol. Cell. Neurosci. 38, 312-324. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Gómez-Abad, C. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 5517-27. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Roczniak-Ferguson, A. et al. (2012) Sci Signal 5, ra42. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Thomson, D.M. et al. (2010) J Appl Physiol 108, 1775-85. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Tagoug, I. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e22641. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Wang, Z. et al. (2011) Autophagy 7, 401-11. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Murai, A. et al. (2012) BMC Vet Res 8, 128. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 9459 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody
- 9456 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) (174A9) Rabbit mAb
- 9455 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr70) Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 9451 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) Antibody
- 9452 4E-BP1 Antibody
- 4923 Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb
- 2845 4E-BP2 Antibody
- 9955 4E-BP Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9918 Translational Control Antibody Sampler Kit
- 1052 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Blocking Peptide
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 9862 mTOR Substrates Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7216 PathScan® Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/Thr46) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 8101 SignalSlide® Phospho-Akt (Ser473) IHC Controls
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.