Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
FoxO1 (C29H4) Rabbit mAb #2880
|2880S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2880P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2880||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||78 to 82||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
FoxO1 (C29H4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total FoxO1 protein. The antibody does not detect exogenously expressed family members FoxO3a or FoxO4.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a GST-fusion protein corresponding to carboxy-terminal residues of human FoxO1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from IGROV-1 and COS-7 cells using FoxO1 (C29H4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon using FoxO1 (C29H4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using FoxO1 (C29H4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lymphoma using FoxO1 (C29H4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded IGROV-1 cell pellets, LY294002-treated (left) or insulin-treated (right), using FoxO1 (C29H4) Rabbit mAb. Note the cytoplasmic localization of FoxO1 upon Akt activation.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded SKOV-3 xenograft using FoxO1 (C29H4) Rabbit mAb.
The Forkhead family of transcription factors is involved in tumorigenesis of rhabdomyosarcoma and acute leukemias (1-3). Within the family, three members (FoxO1, FoxO4, and FoxO3a) have sequence similarity to the nematode orthologue DAF-16, which mediates signaling via a pathway involving IGFR1, PI3K, and Akt (4-6). Active forkhead members act as tumor suppressors by promoting cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Increased expression of any FoxO member results in the activation of the cell cycle inhibitor p27 Kip1. Forkhead transcription factors also play a part in TGF-β-mediated upregulation of p21 Cip1, a process negatively regulated through PI3K (7). Increased proliferation results when forkhead transcription factors are inactivated through phosphorylation by Akt at Thr24, Ser256, and Ser319, which results in nuclear export and inhibition of transcription factor activity (8). Forkhead transcription factors can also be inhibited by the deacetylase sirtuin (SirT1) (9).
- Anderson, M.J. et al. (1998) Genomics 47, 187-99.
- Galili, N. et al. (1993) Nat Genet 5, 230-5.
- Borkhardt, A. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14, 195-202.
- Nakae, J. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 15982-5.
- Rena, G. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 17179-83.
- Guo, S. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 17184-92.
- Seoane, J. et al. (2004) Cell 117, 211-23.
- Arden, K.C. (2004) Mol Cell 14, 416-8.
- Yang, Y. et al. (2005) EMBO J 24, 1021-32.
- Ochi, E. et al. (2010) J Appl Physiol 108, 306-13. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Matsuyama, H. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 6881-92. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Jothi, M. et al. (2012) Cell Cycle 11, . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Mihaylova, M.M. et al. (2011) Cell 145, 607-21. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9464 Phospho-FoxO1 (Thr24)/FoxO3a (Thr32) Antibody
- 9461 Phospho-FoxO1 (Ser256) Antibody
- 9465 Phospho-FoxO3a (Ser318/321) Antibody
- 2497 FoxO3a (75D8) Rabbit mAb
- 9472 FoxO4 Antibody
- 2499 FoxO4 (55D4) Rabbit mAb
- 9946 Forkhead Signaling Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.