Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
RANTES Antibody (Rodent Specific) #2989
|2989S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2989||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RANTES Antibody (Rodent Specific) detects transfected levels of rodent RANTES.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxyl terminus of rodent RANTES.
RANTES/CCL5 (regulated upon activation, T cell expressed and secreted) is a member of the "C-C" or β family of chemokines that induce inflammation and are associated with a number of inflammatory disorders (1,2). RANTES is produced and secreted mainly by CD8+ T cells, macrophages, and platelets, as well as epithelial cells, fibroblasts and some solid tumors (2-7). RANTES acts as a chemoattractant and has other regulatory functions on a number of cell types including monocytes, memory T cells, NK cells, eosinophils, basophils, dendritic cells, and mast cells (3, 7-9). Signaling by RANTES is mediated by several G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs), including CCR1, CCR3, CCR4 and CCR5.
- Schall, T.J. (1991) Cytokine 3, 165-83.
- Schall, T.J. et al. (1988) J Immunol 141, 1018-25.
- Kameyoshi, Y. et al. (1992) J Exp Med 176, 587-92.
- Rathanaswami, P. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 5834-9.
- Mattei, S. et al. (1994) Int J Cancer 56, 853-7.
- Stellato, C. et al. (1995) J Immunol 155, 410-8.
- Schall, T.J. et al. (1990) Nature 347, 669-71.
- Kuna, P. et al. (1992) J Immunol 149, 636-42.
- Mattoli, S. et al. (1995) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 209, 316-21.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2987 RANTES (R40) Antibody
- 2988 RANTES (P20) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.