Product Pathways - Apoptosis
DAPK1 Antibody #3008
|3008S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3008||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DAPK1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total DAPK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly903 of human DAPK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Death-associated protein kinase (DAPK1) is a Ca2+/calmodulin-regulated serine/threonine kinase that participates in a wide range of apoptotic signals including interferon-γ, tumor necrosis factor α, Fas, activated c-Myc, and detachment from the extracellular matrix. In addition to the kinase domain and calmodulin regulatory segment, DAPK1 also has eight ankyrin repeats, a cytoskeleton binding region, and a conserved death domain (1-3). Deletion of the calmodulin-regulatory domain generates a constitutively active mutant kinase. Ectopic expression of wild-type DAPK1 induced cell death in HeLa cells. Conversely, expression of a catalytically inactive mutant protected cells from interferon-γ-induced cell death (4). The catalytic domain of DAPK1 has very high sequence similarity to vertebrate myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) and a RXX(S/T)X motif derived from myosin light chain protein was shown to be phosphorylated in vitro by DAPK1 (5).
Epigenetic silencing of DAPK1 by promoter methylation has been observed in cases of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (6,7).
- Kimchi, A. (1999) Ann Rheum Dis. 58, I14-I19.
- Cohen, O. et al. (1999) J Cell Biol 146, 141-148.
- Deiss, L. P. et al. (1995) Genes Dev 9, 15-30.
- Cohen, O. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 998-1008.
- Velentza, A. V. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 38956-38965.
- Raval, A. et al. (2007) Cell 129, 879-890.
- Katzenellenbogen, R.A. et al. (1999) Blood 93, 4347-4353.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2928 DAPK3/ZIPK Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.