Product Pathways - Metabolism
Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb #3180
|3180S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3180||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||273||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IHC-F=Immunohistochemistry (Frozen), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total fatty acid synthase protein.
Source / Purification
Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic peptide around Gly46 corresponding to the sequence of human fatty acid synthase.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded breast carcinoma using Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded hepatocellular carcinoma using Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded lung carcinoma using Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded lymphoma, showing staining of adipocytes, using Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse brown fat using Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen SKOV-3 xenograft using Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb.
Fatty acid synthase (FASN) catalyzes the synthesis of long-chain fatty acids from acetyl-CoA and malonyl-CoA. FASN is active as a homodimer with seven different catalytic activities and produces lipids in the liver for export to metabolically active tissues or storage in adipose tissue. In most other human tissues, FASN is minimally expressed since they rely on circulating fatty acids for new structural lipid synthesis (1).
According to the research literature, increased expression of FASN has emerged as a phenotype common to most human carcinomas. For example in breast cancer, immunohistochemical staining showed that the levels of FASN are directly related to the size of breast tumors (2). Research studies also showed that FASN is highly expressed in lung and prostate cancers and that FASN expression is an indicator of poor prognosis in breast and prostate cancer (3-5). Furthermore, inhibition of FASN is selectively cytotoxic to human cancer cells (5). Thus, increased interest has focused on FASN as a potential target for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer as well as metabolic syndrome (6,7).
- Katsurada, A. et al. (1990) Eur J Biochem 190, 427-33.
- Wells, W.A. et al. (2006) Breast Cancer Res Treat 98, 231-40.
- Kawamura, T. et al. (2005) Pathobiology 72, 233-240.
- Shah, U.S. et al. (2006) Hum Pathol 37, 401-409.
- Kuhajda, F.P. (2000) Nutrition 16, 202-8.
- Tian, W.X. (2006) Curr Med Chem 13, 967-977.
- Kusunoki, J. et al. (2006) Endocrine 29, 91-100.
- Tiano, J.P. et al. (2011) J Clin Invest 121, 3331-42. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Zaytseva, Y.Y. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 1504-17. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3189 Fatty Acid Synthase Antibody
- 2138 ATGL Antibody
- 2439 ATGL (30A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2789 Adiponectin (C45B10) Rabbit mAb
- 2120 FABP4 Antibody
- 4107 HSL Antibody
- 4139 Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody
- 4137 Phospho-HSL (Ser565) Antibody
- 4126 Phospho-HSL (Ser660) Antibody
- 2443 PPARγ (81B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2430 PPARγ (D69) Antibody
- 2435 PPARγ (C26H12) Rabbit mAb
- 2438 SCD1 (M38) Antibody
- 2283 SCD1 (R347) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.