Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Caveolin-1 (D46G3) XP® Rabbit mAb #3267
|3267S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3267P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3267||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey, Bovine, Dog||Endogenous||21, 24||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caveolin-1 (D46G3) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total caveolin-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu20 of human caveolin-1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Caveolin-1 (D46G3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of caveolin-1 from HeLa cells using Caveolin-1 (D46G3) XP® Rabbit mAb followed by western blot using the same antibody. Lane 1 is 5% input.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Caveolin-1 (D46G3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lymphoma using Caveolin-1 (D46G3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse lung using Caveolin-1 (D46G3) XP® Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Flow cytometric analysis of Hela cells using Caveolin-1 (D46G3) XP® Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
The 21-24 kDa integral proteins, caveolins, are the principal structural components of the cholesterol/sphingolipid-enriched plasma membrane microdomain caveolae. Three members of the caveolin family (caveolin-1, -2, and -3) have been identified with different tissue distributions. Caveolins form hetero- and homo-oligomers that interact with cholesterol and other lipids (1). Caveolins are involved in diverse biological functions, including vesicular trafficking, cholesterol homeostasis, cell adhesion, and apoptosis, and are also implicated in neurodegenerative disease (2). Caveolins interact with multiple signaling molecules such as Gα subunit, tyrosine kinase receptors, PKCs, Src family tyrosine kinases, and eNOS (1,2). It is believed that caveolins serve as scaffolding proteins for the integration of signal transduction. Phosphorylation at Tyr14 is essential for caveolin association with SH2 or PTB domain-containing adaptor proteins such as GRB7 (3-5). Phosphorylation at Ser80 regulates caveolin binding to the ER membrane and entry into the secretory pathway (6).
- Okamoto, T. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 5419-22.
- Smart, E.J. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 7289-304.
- Nomura, R. et al. (1999) Mol. Biol. Cell 10, 975-986.
- Volonte, D. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 8094-8103.
- Lee, H. et al. (2000) Mol Endocrinol 14, 1750-75.
- Schlegel, A. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 4398-408.
- Béliveau, F. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 29035-43. Applications: IC-IF.
- Deng, J. et al. (2011) J Mol Neurosci , . Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3251 Phospho-Caveolin-1 (Tyr14) Antibody
- 3238 Caveolin-1 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.