Product Pathways - Protein Translation
GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb #3274
|3274S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3274P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3274||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||37||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total GβL protein.
Source / Purification
GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln210 of human GβL.
Western blot analysis of extracts from GβL wild-type (+/+) and knockout (-/-) mouse embryonic fibroblast cells using GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb. (provided by David Sabatini Lab at the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research).
Cell growth is a fundamental biological process whereby cells accumulate mass and increase in size. The mammalian Target of Rapamycin (mTOR) pathway regulates growth by coordinating energy and nutrient signals with growth factor-derived signals (1). mTOR is a large protein kinase with two different complexes. One complex contains mTOR, GβL, and raptor, which is a target of rapamycin. The other complex, insensitive to rapamycin, includes mTOR, GβL, and rictor (1). GβL associates with the kinase domain of mTOR and stimulates mTOR kinase activity (2). A reduction in GβL expression has been shown to decrease in vivo phosphorylation of S6K1 (2).
- Wu, M. et al. (2010) Rejuvenation Res 13, 571-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Gao, D. et al. (2011) Mol Cell 44, 290-303. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3227 GβL Antibody
- 2983 mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2280 Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb
- 2691 PRAS40 (D23C7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2114 Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9864 mTOR Regulation Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9862 mTOR Substrates Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9202 p70 S6 Kinase Antibody
- 9904 Rapamycin
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.