Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IKKε (D61F9) XP® Rabbit mAb #3416
|3416S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3416P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3416||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
IKKε (D61F9) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total IKKε protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxyl terminus of mouse IKKε.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Raw 264.7 and KNRK cell lines using IKKε (D61F9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells (blue) and Raw 264.7 cells (green) using IKKε (D61F9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of RAW 264.7 (left) and C2C12 (right) cells using IKKepsilon (D61F9) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® (fluorescent DNA dye).
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state, complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Most agents that activate NF-κB do so through a common pathway based on phosphorylation-induced, proteasome-mediated degradation of IκB (3-7). The key regulatory step in this pathway involves activation of a high molecular weight IκB kinase (IKK) complex whose catalysis is generally carried out by three tightly associated IKK subunits. IKKα and IKKβ serve as the catalytic subunits of the kinase and IKKγ serves as the regulatory subunit (8,9). Activation of IKK depends upon phosphorylation at Ser177 and Ser181 in the activation loop of IKKβ (Ser176 and Ser180 in IKKα), which causes conformational changes, resulting in kinase activation (10-13).
Recently, two homologs of IKKα and IKKβ have been described, called IKKε (also known as IKK-i) and TBK-1 (also known as T2K or NAK), and activation of either of these kinases results in NF-κB activation. IKKε contains the kinase domain in its amino terminus, which shares 30% identity to that of IKKα or IKKβ. IKKε is expressed mainly in immune cells, and may play a special role in the immune response (14-18).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Zandi, E. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 243-52.
- Karin, M. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6867-74.
- DiDonato, J.A. et al. (1997) Nature 388, 548-54.
- Mercurio, F. et al. (1997) Science 278, 860-6.
- Johnson, L.N. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 149-58.
- Delhase, M. et al. (1999) Science 284, 309-13.
- Shimada, T. et al. (1999) Int Immunol 11, 1357-62.
- Peters, R.T. et al. (2000) Mol Cell 5, 513-22.
- Tojima, Y. et al. (2000) Nature 404, 778-82.
- Bonnard, M. et al. (2000) EMBO J 19, 4976-85.
- Peters, R.T. and Maniatis, T. (2001) Biochim Biophys Acta 1471, M57-62.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2905 IKKε (D20G4) Rabbit mAb
- 2370 IKKβ (2C8) Rabbit mAb
- 2682 IKKα Antibody
- 2695 IKKγ (DA10-12) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.