Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
CD56 (NCAM) (123C3) Mouse mAb #3576
|3576S||400 µl (100 tests)||---||In Stock||---|
|3576||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human||Endogenous||120 to 220||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD56 (NCAM) (123C3) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total CD56 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing BALB/c mice with a membrane preparation of a small cell lung carcinoma specimen.
Western blot analysis of extracts from human cerebellum using CD56 (NCAM) (123C3) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human neuroblastoma, using CD56 (NCAM) (123C3) Mouse mAb.
NCAM (neural cell adhesion molecule, CD56) is an adhesion glycoprotein with five extracellular immunoglobulin-like domains followed by two fibronectin type III repeats. Structural diversity is introduced by alternative splicing resulting in different cytoplasmic domains (1). NCAM mediates neuronal attachment, neurite extension and cell-cell interactions through homo and heterophilic interactions. PSA (polysialic acid) post-translationally modifies NCAM and increases the metastatic potential of small cell lung carcinoma, Wilms+ tumor, neuroblastoma and rhabdomyosarcoma (2). CD56 and CD16 are commonly used to identify NK cells although some cells with the T cell markers CD3 and CD4 also express CD56 (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3606 NCAM (CD56) Antibody
- 3569 CD34 (ICO115) Mouse mAb
- 3575 CD45 (136-4B5) Mouse mAb
- 2701 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody
- 2704 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr493)/Syk (Tyr526) Antibody
- 2707 Zap-70 (136F12) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 2752 Lck Antibody
- 4958 SLP-76 Antibody
- 3565 CD10 (CB-CALLA) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3568 CD31 (PECAM-1) (158-2B3) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.