Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
RhoE (4) Mouse mAb #3664
|3664S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3664||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||29||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
RhoE (4) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total RhoE protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with full length recombinant human RhoE.
Rho family small GTPases act as molecular switches that regulate processes such as cell migration, adhesion, proliferation and differentiation. Typically, they are activated by guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs), which catalyze the exchange of bound GDP for GTP, and are inhibited by GTPase activating proteins (GAPs), which catalyze the hydrolysis of GTP to GDP (1). Rnd1, Rnd2 and RhoE/Rnd3 comprise the evolutionarily divergent Rnd family of Rho-type small GTPases, which lack GTPase activity and therefore remain in a GTP-bound state (2, reviewed in 3). RhoE/Rnd3 activity leads to a decrease in stress fibers and increased cell migration, at least in part through regulation of the Rho-dependent kinase ROCK1 (4). Activity of RhoE/Rnd3 itself is regulated by ROCK1, which phosphorylates RhoE/Rnd3 at Ser11, enhancing its activity (5). RhoE/Rnd3 has been implicated in inhibition of DNA-damage induced apoptosis (6) and cell cycle arrest (7). In keratinocytes, RhoE/Rnd3 regulates differentiation through its effects on both proliferation and adhesion (8).
- DerMardirossian, C. and Bokoch, G.M. (2005) Trends Cell Biol 15, 356-63.
- Foster, R. et al. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 2689-99.
- Riento, K. et al. (2005) Biochem Soc Trans 33, 649-51.
- Riento, K. et al. (2003) Mol Cell Biol 23, 4219-29.
- Riento, K. et al. (2005) EMBO J 24, 1170-80.
- Boswell, S.A. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 4850-8.
- Poch, E. et al. (2007) Exp Cell Res 313, 719-31.
- Liebig, T. et al. (2009) Mol Biol Cell 20, 452-63.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9968 Rho-GTPase Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2117 RhoA (67B9) Rabbit mAb
- 2098 RhoB Antibody
- 3430 RhoC (D40E4) Rabbit mAb
- 2465 Rac1/2/3 Antibody
- 2462 Cdc42 Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.