Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bak Antibody #3814
|3814S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3814||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||25||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bak Antibody detects endogenous levels of Bak protein. No cross reactivity was detected with other Bcl-2 family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly82 of human Bak. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Bak is a proapoptotic member of the Bcl-2 family (1). This protein is located on the outer membrane of mitochondria and is an essential component for transduction of apoptotic signals through the mitochondrial pathway (2,3). Upon apoptotic stimulation, an upstream stimulator like truncated BID (tBID) induces conformational changes in Bak to form oligomer channels in the mitochondrial membrane for cytochrome c release. The release of cytochrome c to the cytosol activates the caspase-9 pathway and eventually leads to cell death (4,5).
- Ikner, A. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 21546-54. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Weisberg, E. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e25351. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2772 Bax Antibody
- 2774 Bax Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2876 Bcl-2 Antibody
- 2827 Phospho-Bcl-2 (Ser70) (5H2) Rabbit mAb
- 2724 Bcl-w (31H4) Rabbit mAb
- 2764 Bcl-xL (54H6) Rabbit mAb
- 2819 Bim Antibody
- 4976 Puma Antibody
- 9292 Bad Antibody
- 2002 BID Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9942 Pro-Apoptosis Bcl-2 Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9941 Pro-Survival Bcl-2 Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.