Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
LIMK2 (8C11) Rabbit mAb #3845
|3845S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3845||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||70||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LIMK2 (8C11) Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody detects endogenous levels of total LIMK2 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with LIMK1.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to carboxy-terminal residues of human LIMK2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Colo201 and Jurkat cells, using LIMK2 (8C11) Rabbit mAb.
LIM kinases (LIMK1 and LIMK2) are serine/threonine kinases that have two zinc finger motifs, known as LIM motifs, in their amino-terminal regulatory domains (1). LIM kinases are involved in actin cytoskeletal regulation downstream of Rho-family GTPases, PAKs, and ROCK (2,3). PAK1 and ROCK phosphorylate LIMK1 or LIMK2 at the conserved Thr508 or Thr505 residues in the activation loop, increasing LIMK activity (3-5). Activated LIM kinases inhibit the actin depolymerization activity of cofilin by phosphorylation at the amino-terminal Ser3 residue of cofilin (6,7).
- Okano, I. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 31321-31330.
- Maekawa, M. et al. (1999) Science 285, 895-898.
- Edwards, D. C. et al. (1999) Nat. Cell Biol. 1, 253-259.
- Ohashi, K. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 3577-3582.
- Sumi, T. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 670-676.
- Arber, S. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 805-809.
- Yang, N. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 809-812.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3841 Phospho-LIMK1 (Thr508)/LIMK2 (Thr505) Antibody
- 3842 LIMK1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.