Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-FRS2-α (Tyr436) Antibody #3861
|3861S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3861||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||80 to 85||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-FRS2-alpha (Tyr436) Antibody detects endogenous levels of FRS2-alpha only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 436. The antibody does not cross-react with unrelated tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr436 of human FRS2-alpha. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Fibroblast growth factor receptor substrate 2 (FRS2, also called Suc-associated neurotrophic factor-induced tyrosine-phosphorylated target or SNT) participates in the transmission of extracellular signals from the fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR). Activation of the FGFR leads to tyrosine phosphorylation of FRS2 (1). Two FRS2 family members have been identified, FRS2-alpha (SNT1) and FRS2-beta (SNT2) (2), which are phosphorylated by these RTKs. Once they are phosphorylated, they recruit SH2 domain-containing proteins including Grb2 and SHP-2 (3,4), mediating downstream signaling. Tyr436 is required for efficient SHP-2 recruitment (5), whereas Tyr196 functions as a docking site for Grb2-Sos complexes (6).
- Kouhara, H. et al. (1997) Cell 89, 693-702.
- Ong, S. H. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell. Biol. 20, 979-989.
- Kontaridis, M. I. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell. Biol. 22, 3875-3891.
- Xu, H. and Goldfarb, M. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 13049-13056.
- Hadari, Y. R. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell. Biol. 18, 3966-3973.
- Kouhara, M. et al. (1997) Cell 89, 693-702.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3864 Phospho-FRS2-α (Tyr196) Antibody
- 3472 FGF Receptor 1 Antibody
- 3471 Phospho-FGF Receptor (Tyr653/654) Antibody
- 3476 Phospho-FGF Receptor (Tyr653/654) (55H2) Mouse mAb
- 2544 Phospho-FGF Receptor 1 (Tyr766) (1E5) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.