Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb #4019
|4019S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4019P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4019||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||50 to 80||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-P=Immunofluorescence (Paraffin), IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total tau protein and also cross-reacts with MAP2 at 280kD. Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb is predicted to detect all six isoforms of tau based on the amino acid sequence.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with native bovine tau and the epitope maps to the carboxy-terminus of the protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse and rat brain, using Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Alzheimer's brain, using Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of mouse dentate gyrus stained with Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb (red) and CREB (86B10) Mouse mAb #9104 (blue).
Tau is a heterogeneous microtubule-associated protein that promotes and stabilizes microtubule assembly, especially in axons. Six isoforms with different amino-terminal inserts and different numbers of tandem repeats near the carboxy terminus have been identified, and tau is hyperphosphorylated at approximately 25 sites by Erk, GSK-3, and CDK5 (1,2). Phosphorylation decreases the ability of tau to bind to microtubules. Neurofibrillary tangles are a major hallmark of Alzheimer's disease; these tangles are bundles of paired helical filaments composed of hyperphosphorylated tau. In particular, phosphorylation at Ser396 by GSK-3 or CDK5 destabilizes microtubules. Furthermore, research studies have shown that inclusions of tau are found in a number of other neurodegenerative diseases, collectively known as tauopathies (1,3).
- Bramblett, G. T. et al. (1993) Neuron 10, 1089-1099. Applications: Western Blotting, IC-IF.
- Kosik, K. S. et al. (1988) Neuron 1, 817-825. Applications: Western Blotting, IHC-P (paraffin).
- Horiguchi, T. et al. (2003) Am. J. Pathol. 163, 1021-1031. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Mawal-Dewan , M. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 30981-30987. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Saiz-Sanchez, D. et al. (2010) Exp Neurol 223, 347-50. Applications: IF-P (paraffin).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9338 GSK-3α Antibody
- 9336 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) Antibody
- 9337 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (46H12) Mouse mAb
- 9910 Phospho-MAPK Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4542 MAP2 Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.