Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb #4280
|4280S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4280||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||14||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total cytochrome c protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 67-78 of human cytochrome c.
Western blot analysis of cell lysates from various cell lines, using Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded 4T1 syngeneic mouse tumor, using Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb #4280.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Cytochrome c Blocking Peptide #1033 (right).
Cytochrome c is a well conserved electron-transport protein and is part of the respiratory chain localized to mitochondrial intermembrane space (1). Upon apoptotic stimulation, cytochrome c released from mitochondria associates with procaspase-9 (47 kDa)/Apaf 1. This complex processes caspase-9 from inactive proenzyme to its active form (2). This event further triggers caspase-3 activation and eventually leads to apoptosis (3).
- Widenmaier, S.B. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 30372-82. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4272 Cytochrome c Antibody
- 1033 Cytochrome c Blocking Peptide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.