Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb #4499
|4499L||300 µl (60 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4499S||100 µl (20 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4499P||40 µl (8 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4499||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:2000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||17||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Chicken, D. melanogaster, Xenopus, Zebrafish, Bovine.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total histone H3 protein, including the Histone H3 variant CENP-A. This antibody does not cross-react with other core histones.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of the human histone H3 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb (green) and β-Tubulin (9F3) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate) #2116 (red).
Modulation of chromatin structure plays an important role in the regulation of transcription in eukaryotes. The nucleosome, made up of DNA wound around eight core histone proteins (two each of H2A, H2B, H3, and H4), is the primary building block of chromatin (1). The amino-terminal tails of core histones undergo various post-translational modifications, including acetylation, phosphorylation, methylation, and ubiquitination (2-5). These modifications occur in response to various stimuli and have a direct effect on the accessibility of chromatin to transcription factors and, therefore, gene expression (6). In most species, histone H2B is primarily acetylated at Lys5, 12, 15, and 20 (4,7). Histone H3 is primarily acetylated at Lys9, 14, 18, 23, 27, and 56. Acetylation of H3 at Lys9 appears to have a dominant role in histone deposition and chromatin assembly in some organisms (2,3). Phosphorylation at Ser10, Ser28, and Thr11 of histone H3 is tightly correlated with chromosome condensation during both mitosis and meiosis (8-10). Phosphorylation at Thr3 of histone H3 is highly conserved among many species and is catalyzed by the kinase haspin. Immunostaining with phospho-specific antibodies in mammalian cells reveals mitotic phosphorylation at Thr3 of H3 in prophase and its dephosphorylation during anaphase (11).
- Workman, J.L. and Kingston, R.E. (1998) Annu Rev Biochem 67, 545-79.
- Hansen, J.C. et al. (1998) Biochemistry 37, 17637-41.
- Strahl, B.D. and Allis, C.D. (2000) Nature 403, 41-5.
- Cheung, P. et al. (2000) Cell 103, 263-71.
- Bernstein, B.E. and Schreiber, S.L. (2002) Chem Biol 9, 1167-73.
- Jaskelioff, M. and Peterson, C.L. (2003) Nat Cell Biol 5, 395-9.
- Thorne, A.W. et al. (1990) Eur J Biochem 193, 701-13.
- Hendzel, M.J. et al. (1997) Chromosoma 106, 348-60.
- Goto, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 25543-9.
- Preuss, U. et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Res 31, 878-85.
- Dai, J. et al. (2005) Genes Dev 19, 472-88.
- Wang, H. et al. (2011) J Immunol 186, 3986-96. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Liu, Y. et al. (2010) Cell Biochem Funct 28, 578-84. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3377 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2578 Histone H2A Antibody II
- 3636 Histone H2A (L88A6) Mouse mAb
- 2934 Histone H2B (53H3) Mouse mAb
- 2935 Histone H4 (L64C1) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 2186 CENP-A Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.