Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody #4911
|4911S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4911||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||65 to 75||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey, Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody detects endogenous levels of YAP only when phosphorylated at serine 127.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser127 of human YAP. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MDA-MB-468 cells, untreated or treated with wortmannin and LY294002, using Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody. The phospho-specificity of the antibody was verified by treating the membrane with (+) or without (-) calf intestinal phosphatase (CIP) after western transfer.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic and nuclear localization, using Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma control (left) or lambda phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody
YAP (Yes-associated protein, YAP65) was identified based on its ability to associate with the SH3 domain of Yes. It also binds to other SH3 domain-containing proteins such as Nck, Crk, Src, and Abl (1). In addition to the SH3 binding motif, YAP contains a PDZ interaction motif, a coiled-coil domain, and WW domains (2-4). While initial studies of YAP all pointed towards a role in anchoring and targeting to specific subcellular compartments, subsequent studies showed that YAP is a transcriptional co-activator by virtue of its WW domain interacting with the PY motif (PPxY) of the transcription factor PEBP2 and other transcription factors (5,6). In its capacity as a transcriptional co-activator, YAP is now widely recognized as a central mediator of the Hippo Pathway, which plays a critical and widely conserved role in regulating tissue growth and organ size. Upon phosphorylation at Ser127, YAP translocates to the cytoplasm, where it is sequestered through association with 14-3-3 proteins in an Akt-dependent manner (6-8).
- Sudol, M. (1994) Oncogene 9, 2145-2152.
- Mohler, P. et al. (1999) J. Cell Biol. 147, 879-890.
- Espanel, X. and Sudol, M. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 14514-14523.
- Sudol, M. et al. (1995) FEBS Lett. 369, 67-71.
- Yagi, R. et al. (1999) EMBO J. 18, 2551-2562.
- Basu, S. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell 11, 11-23.
- Zhao, B. et al. (2010) Genes Dev 24, 862-74.
- Zhao, B. et al. (2007) Genes Dev 21, 2747-61.
- Donninger, H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 18483-91. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Murakami, H. et al. (2011) Cancer Res 71, 873-83. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Dong, A. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 18301-10. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hall, C.A. et al. (2010) Cancer Res 70, 8517-25. Applications: Western Blotting, IF-P (paraffin).
- Kim, N.G. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 11930-5. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Mao, Y. et al. (2011) Development 138, 947-57. Applications: IF-P (paraffin).
- Angus, L. et al. (2011) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4912 YAP Antibody
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9935 Src Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4662 p73 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.