Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
NIK Antibody #4994
|4994S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4994P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4994||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Monkey, Bovine, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NIK Antibody detects endogenous levels of total NIK protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues adjacent to glycine 659 of human NIK. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines, untreated or treated with 10uM MG132, using NIK Antibody #4994.
Transcription factors of the nuclear factor κB (NF-κB)/Rel family play a pivotal role in inflammatory and immune responses (1,2). There are five family members in mammals: RelA, c-Rel, RelB, NF-κB1 (p105/p50), and NF-κB2 (p100/p52). Both p105 and p100 are proteolytically processed by the proteasome to produce p50 and p52, respectively. Rel proteins bind p50 and p52 to form dimeric complexes that bind DNA and regulate transcription. In unstimulated cells, NF-κB is sequestered in the cytoplasm by IκB inhibitory proteins (3-5). NF-κB-activating agents can induce the phosphorylation of IκB proteins, targeting them for rapid degradation through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway and releasing NF-κB to enter the nucleus where it regulates gene expression (6-8). NIK and IKKα (IKK1) regulate the phosphorylation and processing of NF-κB2 (p100) to produce p52, which translocates to the nucleus (9-11).
Activation of NF-kappaB can be controlled by NF-kB-inducing kinase (NIK), a member of the MAP3K family that was originally identified as a TRAF2-interacting protein and thereby coupled to receptor activation (12). NIK forms a complex with and phosphorylates IKK1 and IKK2, subsequently leading to the phosphorylation of IkappaB and translocation of NF-kappaB to the nucleus (13-15).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Henkel, T. (1994) Annu Rev Immunol 12, 141-79.
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1996) Cell 87, 13-20.
- Haskill, S. et al. (1991) Cell 65, 1281-9.
- Thompson, J.E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 573-82.
- Whiteside, S.T. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 1413-26.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Scherer, D.C. et al. (1995) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92, 11259-63.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Senftleben, U. et al. (2001) Science 293, 1495-9.
- Coope, H.J. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 5375-85.
- Xiao, G. et al. (2001) Mol Cell 7, 401-9.
- Malinin, N.L. et al. (1997) Nature 385, 540-544.
- Regnier, C.H. et al. (1997) Cell 90, 373-383.
- Woronicz, J.D. et al. (1997) Science 278, 866-870.
- Ling, L. et al. (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95, 3792-3797.
- He, J.Q. et al. (2006) J Exp Med 203, 2413-8. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Annunziata, C.M. et al. (2007) Cancer Cell 12, 115-30. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Keats, J.J. et al. (2007) Cancer Cell 12, 131-44. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Saitoh, Y. et al. (2008) Blood 111, 5118-29. Applications: Western Blotting, IP.
- Vince, J.E. et al. (2008) J Cell Biol 182, 171-84. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Zarnegar, B.J. et al. (2008) Nat Immunol 9, 1371-8. Applications: Western Blotting, IP.
- Razani, B. et al. (2010) Sci Signal 3, ra41. Applications: Western Blotting, IP.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4712 TRAF2 Antibody
- 4729 TRAF3 Antibody
- 2141 TANK Antibody
- 2682 IKKα Antibody
- 2697 Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) (16A6) Rabbit mAb
- 4954 RelB Antibody
- 4882 NF-κB2 p100/p52 Antibody
- 3017 NF-κB2 p100/p52 (18D10) Rabbit mAb (Human Specific)
- 4810 Phospho-NF-κB2 p100 (Ser866/870) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.