Product Pathways - Neuroscience
GAP43 Antibody #5307
|5307S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5307||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||38, 43||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
GAP43 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GAP protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human GAP43 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
GAP43 is a nervous system specific, growth-associated protein enriched in growth cones and areas of high plasticity (1). Phosphorylation of GAP43 at Ser41 by PKC is regulated by intracellular Ca2+ and affects the ability of GAP43 to bind calmodulin (2,3). GAP43 is integral to growth cone formation, neurite outgrowth, and the development of a functional cerebral cortex (4,5). Aberrant GAP43 expression can be seen in patients diagnosed with schizophrenia and Alzheimer's disease (6,7).
- Biewenga, J.E. et al. (1996) Acta Biochim Pol 43, 327-38.
- Dekker, L.V. and Parker, P.J. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 12747-53.
- Chapman, E.R. et al. (1991) J Biol Chem 266, 207-13.
- Aigner, L. and Caroni, P. (1993) J Cell Biol 123, 417-29.
- Shen, Y. et al. (2008) Cerebellum 7, 451-66.
- Sower, A.C. et al. (1995) Mol Chem Neuropathol 24, 1-11.
- de la Monte, S.M. et al. (1995) Am J Pathol 147, 934-46.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4830 Calmodulin Antibody
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 2056 PKCα Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.