Product Pathways - Metabolism
ASCT2 (V501) Antibody #5345
|5345S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5345||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||49, 75||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
ASCT2 (V501) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ASCT2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human ASCT2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT-29 cells, untreated or treated with peptide N-glycosidase F (PNGase F), and untreated SW620 cells, using ASCT2 (V501) Antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of HT-29 cells using ASCT2 (V501) Antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HT-29 cells using ASCT2 (V501) Antibody (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Sodium-dependent neutral amino acid transporter type 2 (ASCT2 or SLC1A5) is a neutral amino acid transporter that regulates the uptake of essential amino acids in conjunction with the SLC7A5 bilateral transporter (1,2). ASCT2 appears to be the major glutamine transporter in hepatoma cells and is thought to provide essential amino acids needed for tumor growth (3). Additional evidence suggests that ASCT2 plays a role in activating mTORC1 signaling and is required to suppress autophagy (4,5). Cell surface ASCT2 serves as a receptor for several mammalian interference retroviruses associated with cases of infectious immunodeficiency; variation in a small region of an extracellular loop (ECL2) may be responsible for species-specific differences in receptor function (6).
- Utsunomiya-Tate, N. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 14883-90.
- Bröer, S. (2008) Physiol Rev 88, 249-86.
- Bode, B.P. et al. (2002) Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 283, G1062-73.
- Fuchs, B.C. et al. (2007) Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293, C55-63.
- Nicklin, P. et al. (2009) Cell 136, 521-34.
- Marin, M. et al. (2003) J Virol 77, 2936-45.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5100 ASCT2 (G11) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.