Product Pathways - Metabolism
LAT1 Antibody #5347
|5347S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5347||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
LAT1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total LAT1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the amino terminus of human LAT1 protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
L-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1), also known as Solute carrier family 7 member 5 (SLC7A5), is a high-affinity neutral transporter of larger amino acids. It facilitates the cellular amino acid uptake in a sodium independent manner (1-2) and selectively transports D-and L-isomers of small neutral amino acids (3). LAT1 also regulates amino acid exchange in conjunction with solute carrier family 1 member 5 (SLC1A5) (2,4-6). Transport of thyroid hormones across the placenta is established via LAT1 during normal fetal development (7). LAT1 promotes neuronal cell proliferation by regulating the transport of amino acids across the blood brain barrier (8). LAT1 is upregulated in various cancer types including breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, and gliomas (9,10). High expression of LAT1 is detected in non-small cell lung cancer with lymph node metastases(9,11,12). Increased LAT1 expression is a novel biomarker of high grade malignancy in prostate cancers (12). Inhibition of LAT1 suppresses tumor cell growth in several tumor types (10,13).
- Mastroberardino, L. et al. (1998) Nature 395, 288-91.
- Kanai, Y. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 23629-32.
- Torrents, D. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 32437-45.
- Meier, C. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 580-9.
- Yanagida, O. et al. (2001) Biochim Biophys Acta 1514, 291-302.
- Nicklin, P. et al. (2009) Cell 136, 521-34.
- Ritchie, J.W. and Taylor, P.M. (2001) Biochem J 356, 719-25.
- Verrey, F. (2003) Pflugers Arch 445, 529-33.
- Kaira, K. et al. (2009) Ann Surg Oncol 16, 3473-81.
- Kobayashi, K. et al. (2008) Neurosurgery 62, 493-503; discussion 503-4.
- Imai, H. et al. (2009) Histopathology 54, 804-13.
- Sakata, T. et al. (2009) Pathol Int 59, 7-18.
- Shennan, D.B. and Thomson, J. (2008) Oncol Rep 20, 885-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5100 ASCT2 (G11) Antibody
- 5345 ASCT2 (V501) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.