Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
CHAF1A (D77D5) XP® Rabbit mAb #5480
|5480S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5480P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5480||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||145||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
CHAF1A (D77D5) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total CHAF1A protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro303 of human CHAF1A protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, Jurkat, and COS-7 cell lines using CHAF1A (D77D5) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin assembly factor 1 (CAF-1) is a histone H3/H4 chaperone complex that functions in de novo assembly of nucleosomes during DNA replication and nucleotide excision repair (1). Nucleosome assembly is a two-step process, involving initial deposition of a histone H3/H4 tetramer onto DNA, followed by the deposition of a pair of histone H2A/H2B dimers (1). CAF-1 interacts with PCNA and localizes to DNA replication and DNA repair foci, where it functions to assemble newly synthesized histone H3/H4 tetramers onto replicating DNA (2-6). Assembly of histone H2A/H2B dimers requires additional assembly factors. The CAF-1 complex consists of three proteins: CHAF1A (p150), CHAF1B (p60) and RBAP48 (p48 or RBBP4). CHAF1A and CHAF1B proteins are specific for the CAF-1 complex, while RBAP48 is a component of multiple chromatin modifying complexes (1). CHAF1A and CHAF1B expression levels correlate with cellular proliferation and both proteins are significantly down-regulated in quiescent cells (7).
- Adams, C.R. and Kamakaka, R.T. (1999) Curr Opin Genet Dev 9, 185-90.
- Smith, S. and Stillman, B. (1989) Cell 58, 15-25.
- Smith, S. and Stillman, B. (1991) EMBO J 10, 971-80.
- Shibahara, K. and Stillman, B. (1999) Cell 96, 575-85.
- Moggs, J.G. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 1206-18.
- Gaillard, P.H. et al. (1996) Cell 86, 887-96.
- Polo, S.E. et al. (2004) Cancer Res 64, 2371-81.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2990 ASF1A (C6E10) Rabbit mAb
- 2902 ASF1B (C70E2) Rabbit mAb
- 4522 RBAP46 Antibody
- 4633 RBAP46/RBAP48 Antibody
- 2586 PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb
- 2196 ESET (C1C12) Rabbit mAb
- 4499 Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2592 Histone H4 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.