Product Pathways - Neuroscience
GAD2 (D5G2) XP® Rabbit mAb #5843
|5843S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5843P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5843||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||60||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen)
Specificity / Sensitivity
GAD2 (D5G2) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total GAD2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human GAD2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from neonatal mouse and fetal rat brain using GAD2 (D5G2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
The enzyme glutamate decarboxylase (GAD) is responsible for the synthesis of the essential neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) from L-glutamic acid (1). GAD1 (GAD67) and GAD2 (GAD65) are expressed in nervous and endocrine systems (2) and are thought to be involved in synaptic transmission (3) and insulin secretion (4), respectively. Autoantibodies against GAD2 may serve as markers for type I diabetes (5). Many individuals suffering from an adult onset disorder known as Stiff Person Syndrome (SPS) also express autoantibodies to GAD2 (6).
- Kaufman, D.L. et al. (1991) J Neurochem 56, 720-3.
- Feldblum, S. et al. (1993) J Neurosci Res 34, 689-706.
- Gao, B. and Moore, R.Y. (1996) J Biol Rhythms 11, 172-9.
- Rubi, B. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 36391-6.
- Gilliam, L.K. et al. (2004) Clin Exp Immunol 138, 337-41.
- Skorstad, G. et al. (2008) Eur J Neurol 15, 973-80.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 5305 GAD1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.