Product Pathways - Nuclear Receptor Signaling
COUP-TFI (D4H2) Rabbit mAb #6364
|6364S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|6364||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||47||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
COUP-TFI (D4H2) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total COUP-TFI protein. The antibody does not cross-react with COUP-TFII protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln165 of human COUP-TFI protein.
Chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factor (COUP-TF) belongs to the NR2 subfamily of the nuclear hormone receptor family (1). COUP-TFI and COUP-TFII are two of the well-characterized members in the NR2 subfamily. These two members are highly conserved in their two zinc-finger DNA binding domains (DBD) and the ligand binding domain (LBD), and function as repressors or activators of downstream target genes to regulate different biological processes (1-3). COUP-TFI and II bind to 5'-AGGTCA-3' motif palindromes, either directly or indirectly, through heterodimer formation with other proteins (e.g. RXRs) to regulate downstream target gene expression (4,5). COUP-TFI is involved in neuronal development, tissue patterning, and differentiation (6-8). COUP-TFII has been shown to be involved in angiogenesis, glucose homeostasis, and mesenchymal cell commitment (9-12).
- Tsai, S.Y. and Tsai, M.J. (1997) Endocr Rev 18, 229-40.
- Park, J.I. et al. (2003) Keio J Med 52, 174-81.
- Lin, F.J. et al. (2011) Endocr Rev 32, 404-21.
- Cooney, A.J. et al. (1992) Mol Cell Biol 12, 4153-63.
- Montemayor, C. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e8910.
- Zhou, C. et al. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 2054-9.
- Alfano, C. et al. (2011) Development 138, 4685-97.
- Faedo, A. et al. (2008) Cereb Cortex 18, 2117-31.
- Li, L. et al. (2009) Cell Metab 9, 77-87.
- Pereira, F.A. et al. (1999) Genes Dev 13, 1037-49.
- Qin, J. et al. (2010) Cancer Res 70, 8812-21.
- Xie, X. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 14843-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 6434 COUP-TFII (D16C4) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.