Product Pathways - Neuroscience
PINK1 (D8G3) Rabbit mAb #6946
|6946S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|6946P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|6946||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human||Endogenous||60, 50||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
PINK1 (D8G3) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PINK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro140 of human PINK1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a cDNA construct expressing full-length human PINK1 (hPINK1, +) using PINK1 (D8G3) Rabbit mAb.
PTEN induced putative kinase 1, PINK1, is a mitochondrial serine/threonine kinase involved in the normal function and integrity of mitochondria, as well as in reduction of cytochrome c release from mitochondria (1-3). PINK1 phosphorylates Parkin and promotes its translocation to mitochondria (2). Research studies have shown that mutations in PINK1 are linked to autosomal recessive early onset Parkinson’s disease, and are associated with loss of protective function, mitochondrial dysfunction, aggregation of α-synuclein, as well as proteasome dysfunction (1,3).
- Hertz, N.T. et al. (2013) Cell 154, 737-47. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4211 Parkin (Prk8) Mouse mAb
- 4179 α-Synuclein (D37A6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5559 LRRK2 Antibody
- 2680 p35/25 (C64B10) Rabbit mAb
- 2306 DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb
- 5933 DJ-1 (D29E5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.