Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
HELLS Antibody #7998
|7998S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|7998||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||97||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
HELLS Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total HELLS protein. HELLS Antibody is predicted to detect multiple isoforms of this protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys520 of human HELLS protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
HELLS, or LSH1, is a lymphoid-specific helicase thought to be involved in cellular proliferation and leukemogenesis (1,2). It is believed to be a chromatin remodeler and is required for DNMT1-mediated methylation maintenance and DNMT3A/DNMT3B-mediated de novo methylation. The role of HELLS in methylation maintenance was thought to be largely confined to repetitive DNA sequences, including major and minor satellite sequences, rather than single copy genes (3,4); recent evidence suggests a role in genome-wide cysteine methylation at non-repeat sequences (5). De novo methylation maintenance is associated with silencing of specific genes, some known to be involved in pluripotency and lineage commitment (6,7).
- Lee, D.W. et al. (2000) Cancer Res 60, 3612-22.
- Fan, T. et al. Epigenetics 3, 134-42.
- Dennis, K. et al. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 2940-4.
- Muegge, K. (2005) Biochem Cell Biol 83, 548-54.
- Tao, Y. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 108, 5626-31.
- Xi, S. et al. (2009) Stem Cells 27, 2691-702.
- Xi, S. et al. (2007) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104, 14366-71.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 5032 DNMT1 (D63A6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5119 DNMT1 (D59A4) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.