Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
SignalSlide® PTEN IHC Controls #8106
|8106S||1 Pack (5 slides)||---||In Stock||---|
|8106||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Custom Ordering Details
Sections are cut freshly upon ordering. Please allow three to five days for your order to be processed and shipped.
Each control slide contains formalin fixed, paraffin-embedded LNCaP and NIH/3T3 cell pellets. NIH/3T3 cells express PTEN while LNCaP cells do not express PTEN. Western blot analysis was performed on extracts derived from the same cells to verify PTEN expression.
To be used with antibodies: 9188, 9559.
Western blot analysis of extracts from LNCaP or NIH/3T3 cells using PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb #9559. NIH/3T3 cells express PTEN and LNCaP cells do not express PTEN. This assay serves to verify PTEN expression.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded LNCaP (left) and NIH/3T3 (right) cell pellets using PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb #9559.
These slides are intended for use in immunohistochemical assays. Please see the Companion Products for a list of products that can be used with these slides.
- 9559 PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9188 PTEN (D4.3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 1250 PTEN Blocking Peptide
- 3169 PDGF Receptor β (28E1) Rabbit mAb
- 4564 PDGF Receptor β (C82A3) Rabbit mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homologue deleted on chromosome ten), also referred to as MMAC (mutated in multiple advanced cancers) phosphatase, is a tumor suppressor implicated in a wide variety of human cancers (1). PTEN encodes a 403 amino acid polypeptide originally described as a dual-specificity protein phosphatase (2). The main substrates of PTEN are inositol phospholipids generated by the activation of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) (3). PTEN is a major negative regulator of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway (1,4,5). PTEN possesses a carboxy-terminal, noncatalytic regulatory domain with three phosphorylation sites (Ser380, Thr382, and Thr383) that regulate PTEN stability and may affect its biological activity (6,7). PTEN regulates p53 protein levels and activity (8) and is involved in G protein-coupled signaling during chemotaxis (9,10).
- Cantley, L.C. and Neel, B.G. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96, 4240-5.
- Myers, M.P. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 9052-7.
- Myers, M.P. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 13513-8.
- Wan, X. and Helman, L.J. (2003) Oncogene 22, 8205-11.
- Wu, X. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 15587-91.
- Vazquez, F. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 5010-8.
- Torres, J. and Pulido, R. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 993-8.
- Freeman, D.J. et al. (2003) Cancer Cell 3, 117-30.
- Funamoto, S. et al. (2002) Cell 109, 611-23.
- Iijima, M. and Devreotes, P. (2002) Cell 109, 599-610.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
SignalSlide® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.