Product Pathways - Transcription Factors
NKX2.5 (E1Y8H) Rabbit mAb #8792
|8792S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8792||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
NKX2.5 (E1Y8H) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total NKX2.5 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro67 of human NKX2.5 protein.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HEK293 (positive, left) and PANC-1 (negative, right) cells, using NKX2.5 (E1Y8H) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DyLight™ 554 Phalloidin #13054 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
NKX2.5 is a member of the NKX homeobox transcription factor family. NKX2.5 plays an essential role in heart development and is among the earliest factors expressed in the cardiac lineage in developing embryos. Targeted disruption of the murine Nkx2.5 gene results in abnormal heart morphogenesis, severe growth retardation, and embryonic lethality around E9.5 (1,2). Mutations in NKX2.5 are likewise associated with several congenital heart conditions, such as atrial defect with atrioventricular conduction defects (ASD-AVCD) and Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) (3,4). Transcriptional activation of NKX2.5 is also associated with some B and T cell leukemias that result from chromosomal translocation (5-8).
- Lyons, I. et al. (1995) Genes Dev 9, 1654-66.
- Tanaka, M. et al. (1999) Development 126, 1269-80.
- Benson, D.W. et al. (1999) J Clin Invest 104, 1567-73.
- Reamon-Buettner, S.M. and Borlak, J. (2010) Hum Mutat 31, 1185-94.
- Nagel, S. et al. (2003) Cancer Res 63, 5329-34.
- Przybylski, G.K. et al. (2006) Haematologica 91, 317-21.
- Nagel, S. et al. (2007) Cancer Res 67, 1461-71.
- Su, X. et al. (2008) Haematologica 93, 1081-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.