Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Jak3 (D7B12) Rabbit mAb #8863
|8863S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8863||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||115||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Jak3 (D7B12) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Jak3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human Jak3 protein.
Members of the Janus family of tyrosine kinases (Jak1, Jak2, Jak3, and Tyk2) are activated by ligands binding to a number of associated cytokine receptors (1). Upon cytokine receptor activation, Jak proteins become autophosphorylated and phosphorylate their associated receptors to provide multiple binding sites for signaling proteins. These associated signaling proteins, such as Stats (2), Shc (3), insulin receptor substrates (4), and focal adhesion kinase (FAK) (5), typically contain SH2 or other phospho-tyrosine-binding domains.
Jak3 is primarily expressed in hematopoietic cells and is required for immune cell function and development (6-8). It binds to the common γ subunit (γc), a shared receptor subunit also used by several cytokines including IL-2, IL-4, IL-7, IL-9, and IL-15 (9). IL-2 signaling and Stat5 activation are highly impaired by the loss of Jak3 (10,11). Jak3 is phosphorylated at multiple sites, including Tyr980 and 981 within the activation loop (12-14).
- Leonard, W.J. and O'Shea, J.J. (1998) Annu Rev Immunol 16, 293-322.
- Darnell, J.E. (1997) Science 277, 1630-5.
- VanderKuur, J. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 7587-93.
- Argetsinger, L.S. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 14685-92.
- Zhu, T. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 10682-9.
- Thomis, D.C. et al. (1995) Science 270, 794-7.
- Nosaka, T. et al. (1995) Science 270, 800-2.
- Park, S.Y. et al. (1995) Immunity 3, 771-82.
- Russell, S.M. et al. (1994) Science 266, 1042-5.
- Johnston, J.A. et al. (1994) Nature 370, 151-3.
- Oakes, S.A. et al. (1996) Immunity 5, 605-15.
- Zhou, Y.J. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 13850-5.
- Cheng, H. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 2271-82.
- Rikova, K. et al. (2007) Cell 131, 1190-203.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8827 Jak3 (D1H3) Rabbit mAb
- 3775 Jak3 Antibody
- 5481 Jak3 (5H2) Mouse mAb
- 5031 Phospho-Jak3 (Tyr980/981) (D44E3) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.