Product Pathways - Neuroscience
GAP43 (D9C8) Rabbit mAb #8945
|8945S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8945||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||38, 43||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen)
Specificity / Sensitivity
GAP43 (D9C8) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total GAP43 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys30 of human GAP43 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse neonatal brain and rat fetal brain using GAP43 (D9C8) Rabbit mAb.
GAP43 is a nervous system specific, growth-associated protein enriched in growth cones and areas of high plasticity (1). Phosphorylation of GAP43 at Ser41 by PKC is regulated by intracellular Ca2+ and affects the ability of GAP43 to bind calmodulin (2,3). GAP43 is integral to growth cone formation, neurite outgrowth, and the development of a functional cerebral cortex (4,5). Aberrant GAP43 expression can be seen in patients diagnosed with schizophrenia and Alzheimer's disease (6,7).
- Biewenga, J.E. et al. (1996) Acta Biochim Pol 43, 327-38.
- Dekker, L.V. and Parker, P.J. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 12747-53.
- Chapman, E.R. et al. (1991) J Biol Chem 266, 207-13.
- Aigner, L. and Caroni, P. (1993) J Cell Biol 123, 417-29.
- Shen, Y. et al. (2008) Cerebellum 7, 451-66.
- Sower, A.C. et al. (1995) Mol Chem Neuropathol 24, 1-11.
- de la Monte, S.M. et al. (1995) Am J Pathol 147, 934-46.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5568 β3-Tubulin (D71G9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3670 GFAP (GA5) Mouse mAb
- 2837 Neurofilament-L (C28E10) Rabbit mAb
- 3453 Phospho-Doublecortin (Ser334) Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2056 PKCα Antibody
- 6921 Mena (D33C1) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.