Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Thymidylate Synthase (D5B3) XP® Rabbit mAb #9045
|9045S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9045P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9045||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||30||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
Thymidylate Synthase (D5B3) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total thymidylate synthase protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human thymidylate synthase protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SK-BR-3 and HCC827 cells, untreated or treated with 5-FU (1 μM) or lapatinib (1 μM) for 24 hr, using Thymidylate Synthase (D5B3) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (13E5) Rabbit mAb #4970 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Thymidylate Synthase (D5B3) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb (lower) #8457.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Thymidylate Synthase (D5B3) XP® Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lymphoma using Thymidylate Synthase (D5B3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse spleen using Thymidylate Synthase (D5B3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded SK-BR-3 cell pellets, untreated (left) or treated with LY294002 #9901 (right), using Thymidylate Synthase (D5B3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HCC827 cells (blue) and HeLa cells (green) using Thymidylate Synthase (D5B3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
The methylation of deoxyuridine monophosphate (dUMP) to deoxythymidine monophosphate (dTMP) is an essential step in the formation of thymine nucleotides (1,2, reviewed in 3). This process is catalyzed by thymidylate synthase (TS or TYMS), a homodimer composed of two 30 kDa subunits. TS is an intracellular enzyme that provides the sole de novo source of thymidylate, making it a required enzyme in DNA biosynthesis with activity highest in proliferating cells (1). Being the exclusive source of dTMP, investigators have concluded that TS is also an important target for anticancer agents such as 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) (1-5). 5-FU acts as a TS inhibitor and is active against solid tumors such as colon, breast, head, and neck. Research studies have demonstrated that patients with metastases expressing lower levels of TS have a higher response rate to treatment with 5-FU than patients with tumors that have increased levels of TS (5). Researchers continue to investigate TS expression in different types of cancers (6-10).
Levels of thymidylate synthase can be modultated in vitro by treatment with various drugs, such as 5-FU and lapatinib. 5-FU treatment induces the formation of two distinct bands, one at 35 kDa and another at 38 kDa, while lapatinib treatment results in a decrease in thymidylate synthase expression (11,12).
- Johnston, P.G. et al. (1991) Cancer Res 51, 6668-76.
- Aschele, C. et al. (2002) Ann Oncol 13, 1882-92.
- Jackman, A.L. and Calvert, A.H. (1995) Ann Oncol 6, 871-81.
- Van Triest, B. et al. (2000) J Histochem Cytochem 48, 755-60.
- Johnston, P.G. et al. (1994) J Clin Oncol 12, 2640-7.
- Kwon, H.C. et al. (2007) Ann Oncol 18, 504-9.
- Allegra, C.J. et al. (2002) J Clin Oncol 20, 1735-43.
- Allegra, C.J. et al. (2003) J Clin Oncol 21, 241-50.
- Tsourouflis, G. et al. (2008) Dig Dis Sci 53, 1289-96.
- Kim, S.H. et al. (2009) Am J Clin Oncol 32, 38-43.
- Chu, E. et al. (1993) Mol Pharmacol 43, 527-33.
- Kim, H.P. et al. (2009) PLoS One 4, e5933.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3766 Thymidylate Synthase Antibody
- 5449 Thymidylate Synthase (D26G11) Rabbit mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.